Friday, July 3, 2009

The Van Der Merwe's Visit From Canada !!!

Well this was a long time in the planning ... nah really for once it wasn't, as much as I wanted a visit from Karen and her family this year, it didn't seem in the cards but then the day after my folks arrived she called to say hi, my folks are her Godparents :-) anyway after a brief conversation with them the phone rang again and it was Karen and she was saying come hell or high water they were coming down for a visit, this was an opportunity she felt they just couldn't pass up. The big thing is that it was meant to be a surprise so could we keep it that way for a good month ???

Well we did manage to pull it off and on the day they arrived I sent the family to the pool for the afternoon so I could get things done, I told them I would meet them there later which obviously didn't happen and when they returned from the pool the family was sitting in my living room ready to surprise them and well were they surprised, surprised to tears :-)

Anyway a few years ago when they visited last they did a fashion show for the moms after a shopping spree at Concorde Mills, so this year they felt they had to do the same, only it was a fashion show made up of outfits out of Jade dress up area in her playroom and a few other dresses out of her closet. I took so many pictures it was hard to chose a few to publish here but anyway, here are just a few, enjoy the show (hehehe).

Jade in a way too small Tinkerbell outfit ...



Megan, Karen and George's middle daughter.



Their youngest daughter and Jades partner in crime, Sasha.









Now the story behind this dress is that it was one of my dresses way back when, yeah when I had a figure, a whole lifetime ago. Anyway it was a dress that I wore to a formal function with Dave so my mom has always hung onto it and anyway brought it with on this trip and the girls had fun with it ... man I can't believe I got into that dress at one point in my life what is more when we were shopping the other day, I cannot believe the bubble skirt has come back again, that's crazy !!!



Finally a picture of Amy, their oldest daughter, she was doing all the announcing since being as tall as she is now, there wasn't much in Jades playroom she could get into, anyway she did a good job at running the fashion show :-)









Finally all four girls, can't wait to see the next show, hopefully it will be next year (hint hint).



More to come, I am on a roll here, maybe will even get it done this weekend, wow !!!

No comments: