Friday, July 3, 2009

Around the 20th of June ...

All through Summer on a Tuesday evening Lowes Motor Speedway has evening races which we once before did with Jade which was cool so I asked Dave if he would take my folks, Jade had Summer Camp the next day so it wasn't a good idea to have a late night out with her and well, I didn't think Amber would do well with all the noise so Dave took them alone. It was a good thing that I didn't take Amber coz it turned out to be a rainy cold evening, cold which surprised us considering it has been so hot here lately. Anyway they had a good time so I am so glad they went ... thanks Dave for taking the time out :-)



By the way, on the topic of camps, I have to quickly tell you about something that happened to Jade at camp ... this is the first year she is attending this camp, it is a full day camp from 9am - 5pm and since it is held at Jades old school which is a stone throw from Daves work, he dropped her off in the mornings and collected her in the afternoons which was super cool for me :-) She is attending this camp one week out of every month and she wishes she could go more, she totally loves it, they go on outings at least 3 times a week, they play all kinds of sports outside, tennis, golf and they swim so she is thrilled by it all and exhausted when she gets home which is the main aim (hehehe). Anyway on one of her swimming days in the afternoon the camp called me to say that Jade was crying that her ear was sore, they were on an out at lazer tag so I said I would collect her when they got back to the school which I did ... well it turns out and I cannot believe this, one of the pools they swim at has a high diving boards which the kids are not allowed to use but they are allowed to swim in the deep end as long as they pass the swim test which you know Jade would pass easily, well as it turns out, she dived down to get something on the bottom of the pool floor which was 11 feet deep, Oh my gosh ... 11 feet deep, I was so upset she did this but it really wasn't anyones fault, she was being watch obviously and she knew she could get the thing on the bottom and did but at the cost of popping her ears which was very painful to her, poor thing. So anyway now she knows she can swim in the deep end but not go down to the bottom, gosh cannot believe my 6 year old went down that deep ... golly what next ?

This is a picture of Oupa doing his daily duty of keeping Amber awake for a while :-) He did his every day almost and well ... now she either goes off to sleep or moans for a good while ... poor thing had all the attention for so long and now she has to pretty much go with the flow, ok yeah ... she is still boss right now but I am trying to make things as easy as we can for us all, perks of parenthood I guess.



This is a cute pic of the girls.



A year ago I think you saw pics of her with this daisy thingi on her head, she calls it the sun :-) well she still has it and wanted to show it off.





Then you know every year I buy some cute dresses that usually come Easter or Spring we do a fashion show in well this year with Amber and all and being so far along in my pregnancy at Easter time oh and the move and all ... it didn't happen so anyway, this evening we decided a fashion show was in order so out came all the pretty dresses and the models attitude (hehehe).













Last but not least, my mom and I have been collecting these hanging thingi's over the years for Jades room and even though they don't look great in this picture, they are so cute when just her night light is on, I totally love them, we need some pretty green ones now for her Tinkerbell room, enough pink and purple !!!



Oh sorry one more, this is Amber in her bassonette while I take a quick shower, yep no more long showers. Anyway this is where she sleeps, next to our bed in the master bedroom.



Ok that's all for this update, I will try and publish a few more later. Remember to scroll down to see other updates for the past month.

No comments: