Friday, July 3, 2009

26th June - Moms Birthday !!!

The 26th of June is my moms birthday and not only was she lucky enough to be over here with us but to have Karen and her family here must have been the cherry on the cake for her, what a treat.

Now Karen has a tradition in her house, on birthdays they have cake for breakfast, yuk ... I know but hey we didn't want to break tradition so guess what we had for breakfast ... yep cake, thank Heavens the cake was good, that is all I can say.

The day before the men, my dad, George and Dave went out and had a men's day out which included a car tour at Lowes which they all enjoyed thoroughly and a trip to the Bass Pro shop, all man stuff oh well, what can I say, I hope they had fun !!!

Anyway so today was a girls day out, oh yeah, ladies day out, way too many girls in this house right now :-) Anyway Karen and I took my mom to Concorde Mills, we did some shopping and had a nice lunch and then went to see The Proposal which was such an amazing movie, I haven't laughed that long in a long time. We had a great day and then headed home.



My moms cake ... it was a huge cake but doesn't look that big in this picture :-(



That evening after dinner the girls had a talent show planned for my moms birthday, a rather long winded talent show but it was very cute. I have some video that I need to load at some stage but here are 3 quick pics of them doing their thing.







After the talent show the girls presented my mom with home made birthday cards which they had worked hard on, too cute, I think she was very touched, I am sure this will be a birthday she will always remember, here are two pics of them loving on her :-)





More to come, scroll down for more posts over the past month.

No comments: