Friday, July 3, 2009

Karen and family last night :-(

We were lucky enough on Karen's last night with us to have Amy babysit the girls and all the adults and Amber went out for a quick dinner which was thoroughly enjoyable, thank you Amy. The girls felt like big girls and well the parents felt good having some time out alone and well Amber was such an Angel thank God that we had a good time.

This is a picture of Amber with her Godmother Karen, because we were trying to keep Amber's Baptism till when Dave's folks visit in November, I was concerned that she would not be blessed till then so I asked the pastor at the church I work at if he would bless her or as they call it, Dedicate her in the meantime. He was happy to do this and I was excited that Karen would be down here for that but unfortunately the pastor, Darin had a sports injury and needed surgery so he could not perform the Dedication when we had it planned for. What is more, Darin has just moved to Ohio, I think it is so ... oh well, it was a nice thought. Now I will have to make a plan when Amber is Baptised to get Karen down here for that. Amber's Godfather Brent is planning a trip down here for Thanksgiving so he can be here for that and of course also to see Dave's folks, his Godparents too. Hopefully all that planning works out. Did I mention that my folks were Karen's Godparents so I think it is so cool that she is Godparent to one of my kids. I also think that having Godparents closer by will be nice, even though Karen is in Canada and Brent in Boston, at least both of them are a drive away while Jades Godparents are in South Africa and she never gets to see them and that can't attend all her special occasions :-( poor thing, thankfully we have good friends here that always step in to be around to make her feel special.



I know this picture is blur, pity coz I totally love it. Karen is the closest I have to a sister and I couldn't have a better sister if I really had one. I love spending time with her and wish she and her family were closer, Jade also enjoys time with her cousins, second cousins ... whatever, cousins to her :-) We really had a ball having them visit and plans to see each other next year are already in the working.



My mom with her Goddaughter and Me ... love this one too.



Ok not too much more ... hang in there.

No comments: