Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thankgiving 2010

What a wonderful break, Dave took Wednesday and Friday of which he never does but it really made for a nice break.

Thursday we spent the afternoon with a huge group of neighbors that all brought Thanksgiving food to share, my gosh enough to feed an army !!! We had a wonderful time with them, we really have been blessed living in this neighborhood, what wonderful people we are surrounded with. Dave and I even got a break when the older kids wanted to look after Amber for a while, Amber loves playing with the bigger kids so she did well with them !!!

David brought Amber back home at bedtime and Jade and I stayed to play a cool game of cards, 7 up and down which everyone thoroughly enjoyed, thanks so much to everyone that contributed to a very memorable Thanksgiving, hopefully this is just start of what's to come here in Lawson.

Friday which was Black Friday, Dave decided there was not much he couldn't get online so I was lucky enough to go out at some crazy time and get some shopping of my own done. I was in the Mall by 6am which was hours after the stores opened but man I am so not a morning person so I was not getting up any earlier than that. I got a few Christmas gifts but mainly good deals on clothing for the entire family but me, gosh sometimes it sucks being a mom right ??? Oh well, just glad I got to spoil the family a little.

Saturday I decided I still wanted to do Thanksgiving for us at home, Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving if you haven't cooked a Turkey or Ham so Ham it was, here are two pics of our yummy feast, doesn't my ham look great, best one ever and thankfully there is lots of left overs frozen for later yummy meals.





Another Thanksgiving down ... oh and I am doing lots of updates again so remember to scroll up and down so you don't miss anything ok :-)

No comments: