Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Decorations At The Kropman House 2010

I know the family in SA have been asking for pictures of the house and all the Christmas decorations and over the last couple of weeks I have been taking pics, some with an old camera some with a new camera but hopefully they all show how much I love this season.

Yep Dave worked hard on the outside, this year by himself, since last year his dad was here to help ... I know he missed him big time but I sat out there sorting out my wreaths and kept him company, hoping and more praying that he would be safe up that ladder and on the roof. Not too much new from last year but we were trying to make it look a bit different so the pics don't all look the same.



Now this is new :-) I had one of these hangers at my last house but recently bought a second one and decorated them with Christmas flowers for the door, I wanted to add a nice big bow but it didn't happen, maybe that will be the change for next year (hehehe0 !!!



This was a good pic that Dave took, he opened our double door front door and took a picture in :-)



Night time view ... all the hard work was worth it right ? But I think for next year I am buying Dave that very expensive long ladder so he can get those two final peaks :-)



Just a night shot of my mantle and tree.



Night picture taken from our second floor.



Showing how I decorated the bannister's, used different bows this year but it didn't turn out great ... maybe I will use my bow maker next year and make something totally different !!! What are the chances ?



Here's a close up of the bows, thought they would stick out more than the red ones I used last year ... but not so much :-(



From the front door downstairs.



Jades tree in her room, we had to put it up on her dresser so Amber couldn't get to it but in all honesty, Amber really hasn't touched much like I thought she would, amazing !!! Jade decorated this herself, I still need to get her little nativity scene to stand up though.



Just random other pics of decoration around the house ...

This container is always in front of my fireplace and every season I change the flowers out, only usually you cannot see the back of it so don't see the empty glass containers as much as you do on this couch table so I had to make a plan so add the cotton wool for 'snow' :-) Ok ok ... I know I am not creative but I try ok :-)



The girls both have their own advent calendars that I get them every year, Jade has a princess one which she turned her nose up at since she is so not into the princess's but that is all they had and Amber got a Minnie Mouse one, but this one I put out every year, wish the little holes weren't so little though, really only Hershey kisses go in there :-(



My nativity scene, one day is one day I will be able to afford a nice big set but for now while Amber is still little if she breaks one of these there is no train smash !!! But now ... don't encourage her ok !!!



A close up minus Baby Jesus though, let's hope this year I remember to put him there on Christmas Day :-(



All the family pics on the tree and there's one of my Snowbabies for those that keep asking what they are ? I will save you the boredom of posting too many pics of them, just love them though.



Now I don't like how these turned out but am too lazy to change them I will change them next year.



Now this was a new purchase or the tray was anyway, I love it and think if I can keep it up, I will change the decorations on it every season :-) I already have a plan for Valentines Day !!!



Now those stockings are new too, don't totally love them but they will do for now, actually bought them at the after Christmas sale last year for next to nothing and then a girls I work with, Lyna ... she is so talented, anyway she has a fancy machine that put the first letter of all our names on them so now they look ok ... yeah ok for now till I find something nicer then I can alternate years.



I know my inlaws hated all the candy last year but this is the season for candy and so much of it is only seasonal so we can't miss out right. Normally I put out nuts too, in or out of their shells, Dave and Jade love the ones in the shell but I know the doctors here don't like babies to have nuts until two and these guys mess so much with the nuts that I am think I might just give it a skip this year, I am sure there will be lots of protesting but we will see.



Ok saved the best for last ... just throwing this one in for my mom and dad that say they never get pics of me :-) Happy Holidays everyone, I am sure there will be lot's more Christmas pics loaded throughout the month. Ruth Anne actually came over this weekend to take some pics of the girls so when I get those I will add some of them too, excited about that.



Remember to scroll down just in case you missed my updates earlier this weekend.

No comments: