Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pretty In Pink

There is no school today because it is the parent teacher conferences at school, I guess we will find out today whether little Jade is ready for Kingdergarten, here's hoping she is.

Anyway so we got a little dressed up this morning since my little girl has turned into quite a young lady or diva actually, it's all about the pink today, she has the same outfit in blue which I am sure would make her eyes pop but she wouldn't hear about putting on blue ... as I said, it's all about the pink today.





Her hair is getting so long, we are trying to keep it in good shape with regular trims since we are growing it for Locks of Love which to me would be such a beautiful way for Jade to part with her long hair come Summer. Now having said that who knows come Summer if mom is going to be able to cut it, I may just not have the heart to do so but we need 10 inches so we are growing it as long as possible so that when we do cut it, the cut isn't too short, although short in Summer would be good.

For those of you that don't know what Locks of Love is, go take a look at this site http://www.locksoflove.org/ it is an organization that takes 10 inches of hear and makes wigs for kids that have Cancer or whatever illness makes them lose the hair and gives them a new lease on life. One of the kids in Jades class did this already and it has encouraged other kids to do the same, I think it would be a beautiful gift for someone as young as Jade to give, something she will never forget and definitely be proud of. You also will get a photo back I believe of the wig on the child it was given to, how special is that. Well as I said, we will see, the desire to do good is there but when the time comes, hopefully we can all carry through on it.



Are these shoes just not too cute, she had dress up shoes that she would play around in at home all the time, all she wanted was heels, so when I saw these I knew she would totally love them but I had no clue she would love them quite as much as she does. She wants to show everyone when we are out and about how pretty her shoes are when really mom is just hoping she doesn't twist and ankle on them :-)









That's it for me for today, I am sure I will update you on what was said at the conference today. Until then, have a good day and week.

No comments: