Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gymnastics Medal Test

Well today was Jades final gymnastics medal test for this year. Dave and I should be proud to go to these but really Jade does so much better during the year in her class, when it comes to their parent observation days, she really doesn't concentrate and is more worried about whether we are watching and of course taking photo's and videoing that she really doesn't do as well.

That all being said, today she did a bit better, I told her she had to try and be first in line to demonstrate anything, that way I knew she would listen a little more and she did, thank heavens :-)

Anyway here are a few pics that were taken at home before leaving for the International Sports Centre where she does her gymnastics.











My camera really doesn't take great indoor shots so I really didn't get many pictures, thankfully Dave took a video that came out better. They started with floor work, which really isn't her strong point, but the main thing is she tries :-)

Then they went onto a kind of obstacle course with different stations, this one below she did very well at, Jade has always had really strong upper body strength so this she enjoyed, I actually was amazed how many kids couldn't do this ... I guess it proves how different all kids are right ?



Then the beam and bars, she loves doing the monkey things up high but she is still a little nervous of the beam which I don't blame her, it's so high, it makes me nervous.





And a table top, she loves doing this especially when she does a hand stand and goes over into a table top.



And finally it was medal time and she was so proud of her little trophy.



This is her entire class, there was one teacher missing, there is usually two per class.



So they have one more week left which is usually a fun week which they all enjoy then there is a break till the Fall. I think I mentioned though that in the Fall I am going to put her into the trampoline and tumbling class as I know she will enjoy that more, this class she was starting to no enjoy so we will see how that goes. She actually wants to play soccer which I am not for since, in SA girls really don't' play soccer but here it's a big girls sport ... but we will see :-)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats to Jade!! She looks like she is doing great at gymnastics! I can't wait to see the cheer/tumble pics in the fall!

Jenn said...

Jade sure looks like the little gymnast!!