Monday, May 26, 2008

Camping Out With Daddy

We are enjoying our long weekend, these really don't come around as often as we had in SA so when they do we try and make the best of them. Yesterday afternoon we went and did a bit of house hunting, just looking at this point, there's no rush but just getting an idea of what's out there, then after that we went to my BFF's house for her little girls Layla's 2nd birthday. There was a nice crowd so we had a good time, the kids always have a ball there, inside and out of course, Jade loves their trampoline but most of all she enjoyed fishing with the boys at the large pond in their back yard, she said Oupa would love it there. She didn't catch anything but there were fish caught so it was exciting for her.

After that we came home, Dave had promised Jade a camp out in the back yard and the weather was perfect for it, they had already put the tent up the afternoon so they bbq'd hotdogs and had bbq marshmallows, I think the two of them had fun :-) Moms not a camper, did way too much of that in my youth and anyway, I like the idea of the two of them bonding without me, she's with me all the time ... so I enjoyed having the house to myself last night, it was quiet to say the least :-) Having said all that, camping these days is very different to the camping I remember, now the Tv and Dvd player and the laptops etc. all go in the tent :-) so it's really not as basic as I remember :-)







Todays going to be a nice hot day so when Dave gets back from his cycle ride and after they have sorted out the tent, I think I am going to pack us a picnic lunch and I think we are going to go spend the day at the pool, not our neighborhood one but the Ballentyne YMCA pool since Dave hasn't been there before so I thought it would be a nice change, there's lots of time for our neighborhood pool this Summer so change is good :-)

No comments: