Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day One In Vegas

As excited as I was for this trip, it was hard to leave the kids and know I was going to be so far away, especially after the Amber incident the week before. Anyway thankfully I knew they were in good hands, South African friends of ours Deon and Estelle were going to stay with them, they would commute between our and their house which was about 10 mins away but sleep at our house, that was easier for Jades school and for Amber still being in the crib. Thank God all went well ... Thank you so very much Deon and Estelle, words cannot express how thankful Dave and I are to have had this opportunity to spend this time together kid free :-)

Since you guys have heard so much about Vegas before, I am just going to post some pics that you might not have seen before :-)

We stayed at the Palazzo Hotel which is part of the Venetian which I think is my absolute favorite hotel. This is a picture of the hotel taken one of the nights.




The room was so nice and big it was hard to get a view of the whole room but here you can see part of the bedroom that leads into a lounge area, we had three TV's which was crazy, one in front of the bed which you can see, one in the lounge area and one in the bathroom, yeah I was in Heaven. Between the garden tub that I never used :-( and the massaging show heads, yeah I was in Heaven :-) Lovely hotel room and Hotel in general.



I think we got lucky just having become Americans :-) that this was the week before the Memorial Weekend and they entire Vegas had a Patriotic Theme, I know many would not have appreciated it but I think it finally rang home to Dave and I and even at the Bellagio Fountains, some of the music was Patriotic, I need to add the video sometime but it had me in tears :-) Here are three pics of what they had done in our hotel, I had to walk past this every day, LOVED IT !!!



There was actually a wall of water running behind this, but you can hardly tell by the pictures.



Oh my gosh did I say how much I LOVED the Venetian, I had to walk by this canal every day and some mornings I would just sit there and watch the condalas go by and listen to all the operah singing, LOVED IT !!! This picture was taken on that first day but more later.



We also got to watch the Sirens of TI show that night which was great, only there were so many people from the East that I felt like I was being flash mobbed by a large Easter country half the time. Just one or two pics of the show, I am sure Dave was happy she took his glasses. I wish we had a better vantage point to see the guys boat as well but having seen their show before, although it had changed some, I knew the story line so didn't miss anything much.





I really need to post videos when I get a chance.

Just one of the strip that night :-) I love how this place comes alive at night, not that it is alive 24/7 but at night it is just so sureal, CAN YOU TELL HOW MUCH I LOVE
VEGAS ???



I know that doesn't look like we saw too much on Day 1 but we just walked and checked out as much as we could but I didn't take pics of everything since I knew most of you had seen so much of it already on my two previous trips to Vegas ... OMG I LOVE VEGAS and can't wait to go again :-)

Day 2 on another day and it might not be tomorrow since it is Jades last day of school and there is so much on, huge water fight as she gets off the school bus and graduation party later that night and probably something at the pool the afternoon so big day, let's hope Amber plays along since she had NO NAP today, yep I said NO NAP today and mommy is not thrilled.

REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE MISSED OK.

No comments: