Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ambers Trip To The Emergency !!!

It was Thursday afternoon and I had just started packing for my exciting trip to Vegas with Dave when Amber stood on my scale in the bathroom and it toppled over, she didn't fall hard or anything just put her hands out behind her to break her fall and on her backside, she didn't even hit her head, in fact she didn't even cry till a few minutes later and then I knew something was wrong.

She was sitting there holding her arm in a weird way and point to it saying 'ouch ouch mommy' I picked her up and held her tight till she stopped crying which would usually mean whatever was over with but as soon and I released her little body some, she started screaming and putting my hand back on her arm so I lay down on the bed with her, put the Tv on and tried to give her some water which she refused which is weird also for her.

Then I tried to see if she would move the arm and she wouldn't and when I asked her where it was sort she pointed to the area between her elbow and wrist but I couldn't see anything not a red mark or anything so I didn't know what to do. I then thought I needed to get her shirt off to see if I could see something anywhere else but that wasn't going to happen and when I tried she screamed murder which had me really upset.

I called Dave which was in a meeting but asked him please to come home, something was seriously wrong and I thought she must have broken something, we needed to go to the emergency, thank God for Pam, I called her coz she is in the medical field and knew she would knew exactly where to send me. Shame she pulled off the road coz she was driving to try and calm me down which she did, thanks so much Pam :-) Then phoned around and told me don't go to general emergency or to her Pediatrician go directly to Ortho Carolina which is what we did.

The whole way there she was out of sorts but wasn't screaming anymore but she was sore for sure, that I could still see but the moment we were checked in and ready to go for xrays, she was running around like nothing was wrong, climbing up on stuff and playing with the other kids there, oh my gosh now what ? Dave questioned if we should xray or not but since we were going away the following week I thought it better to be safe than sorry.

Thank God nothing was wrong she was completely fine but the doctor said that is a very common way to break an arm and it probably was sore but thankfully she was ok. My nerves, I was a wreck and now questioning completely whether I should be flying 5 hours away from my kids for like 5 days !!!

Thank God she was ok but yeah, that was our first trip to the emergency and pray God our last !!!

No comments: