Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ouch ...

Well I am updating today being Wednesday but tomorrow is Jades End Of Year Program at her school so I will probably update you more then but wanted to quickly jot down as much as possible here so ...

It's been a rough week for Jade, poor thing !!! She is very close to riding her bicycle without her training wheels, she has been for the past few weeks practising on the grass in the back of our house, on Sunday she fell really hard and took a nice gash out of the back of her knee but thankfully that is healing up well, just in time for the next accident. And before I get to that one, last night Dave took her out front on the road and she actually rode pretty well without his help. She even managed to get going without him holding the seat like he does to allow her to get her balance. Of course she and Dave are equally excited at the fact she can now almost do this but Mom well ... let's say that I just don't watch, it's better that way !!!

Then last night just before bedtime, Jade wanted to watch a movie upstairs in her playroom. You see this past weekend I worked my butt off steam cleaning all the carpets and moving her playroom around. Now she loves her playroom and spends much time up there, she has a great work station to craft at and that is just her thing ... so thankfully the transition was a good one anyway ... so she wanted to watch a movie and Dave taught her how to put the video into the machine on her own, yeah I know videos are a thing of the past but daddy has just been too lazy to connect a dvd player up there yet but I am sure he will do it soon after this last experience.

She pushed the video in far with her thumb and the doors closed and she got it jammed in there and well I guess from the look of her thumb she jerked it out without thinking ... yuk, yuk, yuk is all I can say, it's on the inside of her thumb but she has taken the skin off the entire length of her thumb and almost the entire width too, it's gross. It was a pretty clean cut and the lose skin, ok am I grossing you all out here ? The lose skin just fell back onto the open wound and we didn't know what to do, thank God, Dave was here. Anyway we have a Parmedic that lives next door and a nurse that lives three houses away from us, not to mention a brain surgeon just doors away from us too but we called the nurse over and asked her to take a look. She said that we need to leave the skin on there to protect the wound from bacteria and just cover it with a waterproof bandaid for a couple of days and then open it up to dry once it start healing on its own. It's just such a big wound on that tiny little finger :-( and too keep it clean, what a mission but we just have to do it.

Thankfully Jade said it isn't sore so that's good at least if it gets sore we will know there is something wrong, heaven forbid that happens.















The above pics were taken two nights ago in the bath (obviously). I bought her this little radio, bubble blower, karioke machine which she loves, you can see how much fun she was having :-)

Then a quick update on my mom, she is doing really well recovering at home, slow but good. I think she realized after being home for just one day that she had to take it easy after she over did it on that first day. I think what is making it tough too is the fact that she says it is so very cold there that she can't get warm, thankfully the fireplace in the house does help some and a hot blanket on their bed helps too, it's only the start of Winter for them, it's going to get really cold still.

Anyway my mom will kill when she sees I have posted this picture but how long is that scar, wow, I know it's a hip replacement but still I didn't think the scar would be that long. She goes to get stitches taken out I think she said Friday, hopefully it will be quick and relatively painless ...



As I said I will probably update tomorrow too or maybe after the weekend, it's a long one for us, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's Memorial Weekend here and the pool opens full time next week, it's only been open here weekends over the past two weeks, now it will be open only in the afternoons coz some kids here are still in school but at least Jade and I will be able to go use the pool in the afternoon. I think it is another week or two and then it will be open all day, we can't wait.

There is the usual pool opening party on Saturday but we have another party the afternoon so probably won't be able to attend, my girlfriend Tina's baby Layla turns one, and well they have a pool there too so Jade can swim there too since she will have overdosed in our pool by the end of Summer. Giving that a second thought we will have to see how her finger is doing !!! Anyway she doesn't get to see Layla's brothers Tyler and Louis as much since their mom went back to work so that will be a treat for her in itself even without swimming.

Last but not least ... still not many comments coming in ... come on y'all, make this worth my while and let me know you are actually reading my blog and keeping up to date with life over here :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna see the boo boo~! you should take a pic of that. I mean Jade's boo boo...momma's boo boo looks...YIKES! ow ow ow. I love reading your blog! Where did you get that bubble blower thingie??? Ary would love it! Love ya! I wanna swim in your pool!

toytiger said...

Love Jade's bubbly bath pictures. She looks so happy.....it's hard to believe that she's had a tough week. I'm sure she'll soon catch up on her pool time. It sounds like your mom's coming along well.That is great news!
Carla