Friday, May 11, 2007

Gymnastics Update

Yesterday was Jade medal test at gymnastics and did she make us proud. All but one in her group are her age or older but there is only one other kid in the class that gets close to trying the things Jade tries, as you can see on the high bar above the cheesepit, she is a little dare devil. Not everyone in the class goes on the high bars either, she scares me half to death sometimes when I am sure her dad is thinking, you go girl !!!

It was fun for Dave to see all the things she has learnt over the last year, to be honest, I think she does better when him and I are not there because when we are she goes into showoff mode but still it must have been good for him to see at the very least, what he is paying for :-) hopefully now he knows he is getting his money's worth.

After the class the teacher that grades them pulled me aside and not only promoted Jade to the next class but she is actually going to skip the next class which is a TK (transitional kindergarten) class and go directly into the Girls Novice class which is the entry level class for gymnastics skills on all Olympics apparatus, how cool is that :-)

Her teacher said she is strong and very brave and she thinks Jade would be bored with the next class and wanted to put her in something that was more of a challenge to her. I don't know what the cut off age for this class is but I know you have to be at least 5 to be in it and in August when she starts in this class Jade won't be 5 yet but they know that and said she will be fine ... let's hope.

Anyway so that was our proud moment. My silly camera didn't get good pics but I have attached some pics for you to see, they got silly little trophies compared to their medals half way through the year but I think the little ones liked this award better.

We took her out to dinner to her favorite restaurant afterwards to celebrate :-)



















Have a good weekend everyone and I am sure I will update again on my mother but just in case my weekend gets hectic, Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats mom and dad, you must be very proud of her. I want to get my kids into gymnastics as well. I commented re your mom, but see it didn't show up, so want you to know I am thinking of you and hope your mom makes a speedy recovery. Enjoy your weekend my friend!!

toytiger said...

Loved hearing about the success of your little daredevil. Especially like the picture of Jade swinging from the high bar!!