Friday, May 25, 2007

And It Gets Worse !!!

Oh well just when I thought poor Jade had had her week of the wars and it was almost over, yesterday morning, (Thursday) Jade woke up around 6am crying, she said her ear was sore, now knowing Jade and how high her pain tolerance is, when she says something is sore, you know it is really sore !!! So we gave her a good dose of Tylenol and she went off to sleep for another hour then woke up as normal for the day to get started.

I phoned and made her an appointment with the doctor but in the meantime had to attend her last day of school program which she looked like she was now up for. Well she looked like a little angel (mommy's angel) and sang so beautifully but the entire time whenever I looked over her way, she was tugging at her ear. So after she did her part in the program, I whisked her home for another dose of pain medicine and then it was off to the doctor.

Well 8 weeks ago we were in there with an ear infection in her right ear and well this was the right ear too and now she had a blister on her eardrum, which apparently is very painful, poor thing. I thought we were over the ear infections when she had her tubes put in at golly, I can't remember, round about 18 months I think or was she two ... I guess I should know these things, bad mother that I am :-( But anyway, apparently ear infections is not something you out grow so this might be a never ending thing with us, but I pray not. So we have antibiotics for the next 7 days. She had a bad afternoon yesterday, high fevers and just sleepy so she had a good long sleep after we got back from the store and woke up feeling a bit better.

Today she almost seems good as knew, running around here like a cheerleader, it's amazing how from yesterday she is so different. I asked the doctor yesterday if the blister would pop and she said probably not but today she has a lot of liquid coming out her ear so I phoned them back and they said it probably did pop but at least some of the pressure has now been released which is why she probably feels so much better.

Anyway this being the Memorial Weekend it's a BIG POOL weekend and well we now have no swimming for 7 days which absolutely is awful, we had two pool parties to go to which now we will have to pass on. I wouldn't take her anywhere near a pool and have her watch others swim while she can't especially with her being the little fish she is. So I guess we will have a quiet weekend, actually if Jade stays feeling well we will be off to Speedstreet tonight which is the big Nascar celebration we have here once a year, just before the big race on Sunday, I think it's Sunday, my Nascar friends will shoot me for not knowing that LOL !!! Speedstreet is always fun but the past two years it rained on the day we went which really wasn't as fun, still hot but not fun. It looks like we have perfect swimming weather for the next 7 days so come on y'all pray for it to get cold and to rain LOL only kidding !!!

At least with us going to the doctor she got her finger checked at the same time, the doctor said it is healing well but to keep it covered and also out of water for the next 4 odd days so you see, things really happen for a reason I guess. Jade is a trooper though, nothing brings her down which is why her being the way she was yesterday was so sad :-(

Kathy, that bath bubble blower and karaoke is from the Lakeside Collection, I think it is www.lakeside.com I love them !!!

Oh and on a last note, my mom went and had her stitches out today and she said it was horrid and extremely sore but thankfully that is over. I think my dad thinks it is her punishment for making him clean so much around the house, stuff she can't do, shame the old man is taking strain LOL but like the typical man, when my mom is better and she takes over again, he won't appreciate her more, the stuff we do just always gets taken for granted, that's a women's life for sure !!!

So for all my American friends, have a wonderful Memorial Weekend, travel safe and for the rest of you, well I hope you have a good regular weekend :-)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Isn't that just bad luck, the little fish is not to go in the water for a while. I hope Jade is doing well! What a trooper! Can you believe last night I dreamt that Erin was having hip replacement surgery, thanks to the photo of your mom I think it was stuck in my head!! Hope you have a nice relaxing long weekend and thanks for always thinking about me.

Celene said...

Jade is ADORABLE...and the song is awesome too! Celene