Thursday, May 10, 2007

For Those Following My Moms Recovery

Just wanted to let everyone know that my mom is doing well, although in a lot of pain she is hanging in there. I just spoke to her and she is about to get a massage since walking today for the first time and doing physiotherapy on top of that, it has taken a lot out of her.

She says that it's weird that you almost need to learn to walk again, that the hip that was replaced just doesn't want to do what she is telling it too, sounds really ouch to me.

Anyway they have told her that she can go home as soon as she walks and can get up a few steps, I told her that she needs to stay in there as long as possible so she can get as much help as she can before she is going to have to deal with everything herself at home, I am sure my dad will obviously help her but he has to work too so she is going to have to try and relax till he gets home or have to do it herself, I am hoping with my mom it is not the latter.

She also tries to be a hero as far as not taking pain meds but I told her she must take everything they give her to help her through this process, I don't know how she does it.

But anyway, that's the update for today. We have gymnastics this afternoon, Jade has her medal test so that has us excited :-) I will post later on how that went and will obviously have a pic or two to post.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I hope your mom is ok and my thoughts are with you. I have been away from my family when they are going through someone like this and you are so far away!!! Take care!!
Jennifer