Monday, May 7, 2007

Nothing Too Interesting Going On ...

Well it's been a week since I last updated my blog, now that update took forever so I will keep this one short, what is more I got only one comment after all the updating so I am a little unmotivated right now :-(

Anyway we had a slow weekend, Friday we had Jades Parent Teacher conference and it went really well, Jade seems to be where she needs to be at the moment, they even as much as said she was above where she needed to be but we won't focus on that at this point, as long as she is getting all she is being taught and trying her best to concentrate and learn the best she can, we are happy, so yeah we are proud parents right now :-)

Then Friday afternoon Jade said she had a headache which I never get from her so I took her temperature and it was quite high so I gave her some Motrin and within minutes she passed out on the sofa and slept for 2 hours. Woke up like a new person although she still had the temperature and ran it the entire weekend, you would hardly have known, she is a tough little girl. She seems to be over it today so who knows what it was. Thankfully the weather was pretty yucky which meant staying indoors was no big deal.

Dave and I managed to sort out our computer room which I hate to say is the one room in our house I have totally no control of, it looks like a pig sty all the time and I just don't know what to do about it but for now everything is off the floor and that is a start ... let's see how long that lasts.

My mom goes in for her hip replacement surgery tomorrow and I have to say I am totally freaked out about it. Being so far away is hard, I guess it is the price we have to pay for moving away but still, I am taking strain right now. I spoke to her tonight (SA time) and I could hear that she was now getting really nervous and now that she knew more of what she was going to go through she is a little more freaked because she didn't realize how big a deal this was all going to be. Her surgery is at 10am tomorrow morning, it's a 2 odd hour surgery after which apparently she will be in ICU for 12 odd hours and then sedated heavily for the next two days before they get her up to walk.

One of my neighbors mom went in for this surgery a while back and I have been following her recovery which has been great and really quick actually, the big thing I think for my mom is she is going to need to take it easy for a while to heal up completely, now for my mom that is going to be a mission, for anyone that knows her, they know what I am talking about.

I had to hold back the tears tonight when I spoke to her, I really do hope and pray all goes well. Thankfully she had a private room which we didn't think she would get and my dad is there with her, for how long, I don't know but he is there now, that's the main thing. I guess I have gotten used to the luxury of hospitals here where your hubby can sleep over in your room if you have a private room, they have a Lazyboy kind of chair in there that you can sleep in and well if there is a cot (fold out bed on wheels) available they will wheel it in for him to sleep in comfort, how cool is that ? Also my moms said there is no TV ... now ok that would totally kill me but with the yucky SA TV programs I guess she isn't missing too much although she will get bored quickly. What shocked me the most is there is no telephone in her room, what is more there isn't even a roaming one they can plug into her room, this is when I realize how lucky we are to be here, how can they not have stuff like that with technology being what it is, that's not a luxury, it's almost a necessity. Anyway so I am going to have to work out something so I can call her on her cellphone which is a mission since landlines are just so much cheaper :-(

So please, keep her in your thoughts and prayers and hope that all goes well.

I will update you in the next day or so on how everything went.

No comments: