Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tiana & Jessica's visit.

REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN AS I WILL BE ADDING MANY PICS OVER THE NEXT WHILE.  MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING.

In April we had a visit from Tiana and Jessica, it was the first time that Jessica had visited us and we were so happy to have her, she was all grown up, gosh it's when we see the kids all grown up like that when we realize how much time has passed since our last trip to South Africa.  It was like having two adults and not a mom and daughter if you know what I mean.

Anyway they came to visit after their skating competition in Boston and they were here just short of two weeks if I remember correctly.  Tiana took all the pictures and I just realized I don't have much of them at all so there won't be much added here as far as pics go.

We took one long weekend trip up to Gatlinburg, Tennessee which was fun, we did all the touristy stuff, I love that area and the weather was perfect, it was not too cold at all and actually it was quite warm walking through all the towns.  We had planned on leaving Amber with friends so that the trip would be an easier one but sadly their family came down with a tummy virus so we took Amber with us which just meant more hard work for me and a less enjoyable trip for me but oh well these things happen I guess.

One of the two things I enjoyed most up there but again would have enjoyed it so much more if Amber was not with us ... poor Amber but these things are just so much more fun without her, not long and it will all become easier and she will enjoy everything more and be able to last through the day more, she is still so little, she is  my energizer bunny but a trip like this is just too much for her.  Anyway we did Dollywood which was such fun, would have been more fun had I not been stuck riding the Dumbo rides with Amber but enjoying the adult coaster with the rest of the group but oh well :-( I did get to see one or two shows without her, Dave is so not a show kind of guy so that helped a bit.  And we did Dixie Stampede which we have seen a bunch of times but still love, thought Amber would enjoy that too but it was too long a day for her and she actually fell asleep in the end.  I guess as much as she is my energizer bunny, she too runs out of steam every now and again, I mean she was 3 at that time.

We also got to celebrate Tiana's birthday while on this weekend which was nice.

Other than that, we tried to show them as much as we could of Charlotte and how we live here, hopefully it gave Jessica insight to how our lives are here.

Here are two pics of them here withe the kids.



What was really nice for me was to be able to take Tiana and Jessica to Jades cheer classes, it was right at the beginning of her classes there so there was not too much happening but it allowed them to see her do some of her stunts which she loves to show off.  She has come so far since they were here, she probably cannot wait to show them all she can do now :-) my only worry is those terrible spiky thorns that are often on the Cape grass, can't imagine doing stunts onto one of those, ouch ... we don't have those here thank God, they are terrible.

What was also cool but might have been boring for them, but they got to see Jade get her medal at their end of year cheer banquet, I know that meant a lot to Jade because sadly that is one of the things my kids will miss out on here, family cheering them on in the audience, so that was a treat.

Here are some pictures after the banquet.


The sun was so bright and she has such sensitive eyes that these are not great pics but at least we have the memory :-)


Oh and of course Amber has to get in on it too.


REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN AS I WILL BE ADDING MANY PICS OVER THE NEXT WHILE.  MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh this is my reminder that I actually need to finish sorting out my photo's of our USA trip!!! I just took way too many!!! We both loved being there and loved spending time with you guys. Can't wait til we can return the favour in December :-) And yes, those pants were definitely a favourite here too :-)