Friday, December 28, 2012

Jades Birthday Week.


REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING, CRAZY BIG CATCH UP SESSION AGAIN.

It's terrible to have your birthday on a week day, there is no time for anything before we get her out of the door by 6h30 for the school bus :-(

I went and had lunch with her at school that day and for her it was super special for two reason, one she had me all to myself, normally Amber goes with but Amber was at school and secondly we had lunch on the 12th of the 12th, 2012 at exactly 12:12, something that only happens once in a lifetime :-)

Then when she came home from school since I had to work that night, I let her peek in some of her presents which we had bagged under the Christmas tree but told her that it will probably be way more fun for her to open them with David and Amber that night which is what they did.

We had a quick dinner together as a family on my way to work and that was that :-( not a normal birthday for sure but I promised her that we would go to McAddenville Friday and do dinner out again then and she was having a big party this year too so we were doing a lot for that.

This was the afternoon while Amber was napping and Jade got to peek in all the presents with me :-)


Normally we do McAddenville on the day of her birthday but this year I did not want to take off the Wednesday at work, it was nearing the end of our work year so would rather not have, she gave me a hard time about it but I think eventually was ok with it.


I love McAddenville, Christmas Town USA ... there are definitely classy houses and then for sure there are the nasty ones, told Dave when I start inflating stuff on our grass outside, shoot me :-)


One of my favorite houses this time, it was just so different.



Yeah no ... shoot me !!!



The traffic really wasn't too bad considering it was a Friday ...



And the girls were excited we got to see Santa.



Jades birthday was a Glamour Dance Party !!!  We invited her entire cheer squad and almost all of them came, we had about 20 girls in the house and David (hehehe) yeah I felt bad for him at times, should have invited all the boys that were across the road sleeping over at Vincents party to come over and dance with them ... but sadly that was an afterthought.

Anyway, I had one of the young ladies that works with me, Meredith and one of her friends come over to do hair and make up and then I took pics of the girls individually after they were done up and then lots of group pics too, I took soooooooooooo many pictures that night.  Then they went into the lounge area which I had cleared to make a dance floor.  We had lights going to make it disco like, it was super cool only, if I used my flash, you could not get the effect and if I didn't well I just couldn't figure it out so many of my pics were not great :-(  But the girls had fun and that was the main thing.

The plan was that Meredith and Co would do hear and then be done with them and help out with dance games but these girls had other ideas, the line to get your hair done did not stop for three hours, they wanted curls and then when they were done they would go and get it made straight again ... it was crazy but again the girls had fun but I felt bad for the hair stylists that really hardly got a break !!!  They did a great job though :-)

Here is Jade having her first hair do done, lost track of how many she had done through the night.


Jade and her bestie Laurin.


Oh my gosh, who is this girl ?



This is how my dining room / salon looked all night !!!


I invited Laurins sister Ava who is one of Ambers friends to keep her company.


Do number two and I stopped there coz it got too much really.  Her hair was really cute at the back, sorry I didn't get a shot of that, I need to take a photography lesson for sure.


I took lots of group shots.  Need to print some of these for Jades bedroom, she has a pin board they would look cute on.


Sadly only got one shot of them all together and it was when we did the cake, there was always two having hair and makeup done.



I surprised Jade with this cake :-) cute right ?  So I had it done at Harris Teeter close to our house and about an hour and a half before the party I went to get it and it was a little messed up so I complained and they redid it for me quickly ... for free !!!  Yay !!!


My favorite shot of all the girls together.  She looks so happy ... love it.


We tried to save Jades face till last ...


Ok so this is what it looked like when I took it with the flash, you could not get the disco feel from that :-(  Also never got all the girls on the dance floor at one time because there was always a line at the salon !!!  Wish now in hindsight I had got them all on the floor for a group shot.


This must have been them doing The Wobble Baby song.


Getting down !!!


So here's a couple where you can get an idea of lights but still it was really dark and you can't see that here :-( the girls loved it though.




Oh my gosh this girl cracked me up, she wanted to be in every shot, but this shot really just made me laugh coz you can totally see what I mean right.  I think I got more shots of her than the birthday girl !!!


Ok I am going to try and paste a video or two here but you can't see much but you can get an idea of how dark it was and the lights and music, was pretty cool.


Thought I had another one where I took flash pictures inbetween which lightened the room at times but don't think Dave loaded it to YouTube which means it will take too long to load now and I want to get done here but hope you get the idea of how the lights looked, sorry.

Everyone asked what Jade wanted for her birthday and we told them Target gift cards as she was saving to buy an iPod Touch which she did manage to buy.  Dave is so anti all the i products that he said if she wanted to buy it for herself she needed to go ahead and did she show him (hehehe) now we just hope she really looks after it coz we sure as hell are not replacing it if it gets broken.

Just one last video, this is Jade showing her dad her scooter that uncle Gavin and aunty Gigi gave her for her birthday, she still has not opened it up yet to go full speed, I told her to wait till she got a helmet which she got for Christmas so stayed tuned for the next video after Christmas :-)


Thank you to all those that sent cards, emailed her, called her or left messages and of course either sent gifts or had me buy them for her, thank you for making her day so special and for spoiling her so :-)  There is yet another year down, can't believe my oldest baby is 10 years old !!!

REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING, CRAZY BIG CATCH UP SESSION AGAIN.

No comments: