Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fall SA Braai.

REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING, CRAZY BIG CATCH UP SESSION AGAIN.

Ok so if you remember way back, I am talking many years back I used to run the Charlotte Chapter of the South African Tarheels Club that is run out of Raleigh, North Carolina !!!  Well there was so much politics involved way back then and there was some drama, all of which I could do without in my life so I dropped it and with that nothing much else happened here in Charlotte when it comes to South African functions.

Anyway over the Summer I was approached to get it running again but this time with the help of one other guy so I was a little more keen, this way if there was any drama I could just step down again but this time there would be someone to take over from me, so I decided to give it another go.  Just for the record, the drama is not from my side, I have said this a gazillion times, the worst of the South Africans live here in Charlotte, or that was what I saw the first time around, everything is so competitive, who lives where, whos kids are in the best schools and who drives the nicest cars.  Not to mention the getting together would just comprise of people just running SA down which really was jut not what I had in mind when I came to trying to run this club.

I am happy to report, so far so good !!!  We have had two functions, one that was at a British Pub which was very well attended and then a Fall Braai which also was well attended but the weather was not great so the numbers were lower than I thought they would be.  I have a ladies tea coming up in January which I plan to run at my house, hold thumbs I can pull that off :-)  We also run Facebook pages and keep in better contact with all the members, I am also running it along side the Raleigh group, we are trying to run the clubs in a similar way which is the best way to do it.

Here are a few pictures from the Fall Braai which was held out at Lake Wylie, a great spot for this event, we will definitely do it there again.

Yep we fly the flag ... in times past sometimes they flew the old flag which I was not too happy about.


Great venue, lots of shelter in case of rain and it was in the middle of a wooded area so quite sheltered from wind too :-)


They have a really cool volley ball court too but it was perfect for the kids to play in the sand, I took a bunch of beach toys and the kids had a ball.


Die manne by die braai !!! It was cool to have something other than a gas braai and these large braai's all allowed many people to braai at the same time which worked out well.


Just hanging out.


REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING, CRAZY BIG CATCH UP SESSION AGAIN.

No comments: