Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Waking Up From Her Afternoon Nap ...

Ok well a lot happened last week as far as Amber goes, on Monday we had our 4 month visit to the doctor and a whole bunch of shots ... poor baby but she is like her sister such a trooper. Shame her one leg, the top part, as if it is not big enough really swelled up big time, apparently they injected into the muscle and that is what can happen, it was like that for days, I had to massage it down, but it clearly wasn't hurting her coz when I massaged it she was either laughing or smiling to thank God that wasn't too bad.

Anyway my little baby is not 16 odd pounds, yep she is the same roly poly baby her sister was, thankfully Jade now has a good little figure on her so hopefully Amber will be the same one day.

The doctor seemed happy that she was meeting all her milestones and that her neck was looking a lot better, thank God.

But then she told me to change up a stack of stuff which this routine mom well let's just say I started to sweat a bit ... Jade was in her crib and sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and Amber at 16 weeks is still in the bassinet in our room, only coz she wakes up the early hours of the morning, not for food but just fussing a little so Dave leans over and brings her into our bed and then she goes right off to sleep, not something either of us want to get into a habit of but it has just worked for us right now. So the doctor said ... firstly get her napping in her crib during the day which I started Monday and she has done fine with. She also said Amber is sleeping too little during the day and well I thought she was doing fine and now that I have let her nap more, I think we are in trouble coz she is more awake at night ... so that was not a good thing, we need to work through that a bit.

Here are some pics of her waking up in her crib in the afternoon ...







Then she asked me how many bottles Amber had in a day and when was the last feed at night, I told her 5 bottles and 11pm and she told me to drop that last feed, stretch her more at 6 and 7pm and try and feed her at 8 and then let her sleep through, oh man was I nervous on this note coz she had a good 5 ounces at 11 and could she do without it. Well the first night she slept through the night and we thought it was Christmas but that was short lived ... so now her last feed is around 8pm if we can keep her awake till then.

We have also introduced some solids which is a little early but Jade started early too and the doctor said it is fine, she is doing better and better every day, she now eats banana, applesauce and tonight for the first time she had sweet potato, which was her first warm food considering she has room temperature water with her formula and she loved it ... Jade was always a good eater and it seems Amber is well on her way to being just like her sister.

Now let's hope we get this night thing sorted out, last night was her first night in the crib, now I know I have this dated the 4th but since I am only typing it today which is the 8th ... she is waking up for her pacifier which is something new to us coz Jade never took the pacifier or sucked her thumbs, gosh now I realise even more how much an easy baby she was. Don't get me wrong, Amber is pretty easy in every way but we just haven't gotten this night thing right yet ... wish us luck.

More to follow ...

No comments: