Monday, September 14, 2009

Off To The Fair ...

Saturday we went off to the fair for the day, headed out as early as possible only to get there and realize that it only opened at 1 so we went to have lunch quickly and then entered for a fun filled day. What we also found out is that between 1 and 3entry was free, but unfortunately to save some money we had bought tickets the weekend before at Concord Mills so ... oh well, I think if the weather is good we will just go again next weekend, I know Jade will love that :-)

I am going to keep this short as there are tons of pics, we bought Jade her usual all you can ride ticket and since this year she qualified to go on so much more than last year she really had a ball. I will also show you some pics of the rides she wanted to go on but thank God was too short for but I guess by next year there will be no stopping her. She might have my personality but my golly she has Daves fearlessness.

This one wasn't too bad, it was a handglider ride,I had not seen this before, I was a little worried coz I didn't feel that she was tied in securely but I am sure those guys know their jobs but still she was just so little but anyway she enjoyed it and as much as I told her to hold on, you can see her doing her little Titanic interpretation !!!










Good old bumper cars ...



This is a ride that starts off going forward but eventually stops and goes backwards, not something I would have enjoyed but Jade loved it, it goes so fast in the end that you can hardly see her go by but if you look carefully you will see her hands up in the air.





Nothing fancy about this one, it just goes up slowly and then drops and leaves your tummy up there :-)







Just a spinning ride.



Then the boat ride which was her absolute favorite, she is in the very back on the right and as fearless as she is, can you tell this ride was a little scary for her, she kept trying to take her hands off the bar and put them in the air but as the boat went higher she became more reluctant (hehehe) for those that have been on this ride, I am sure you will know how brave this little 6 year old was to do it all on her own, my gosh !!! Mommy was sitting down below very nervous of her little one up there in the air :-(



These were three rides that I did not want her to do, thankfully she was not tall enough to go on them anyway but next year there will be no stopping her although I can't say I will be excited about her going on any of them, we will see !!! She might have my personality but definitely has dads fearlessness ... if by the way I repeat anything in here it's coz we lost connection for a while and I was too lazy to go back and see what was and was not lost :-(







Then there was this guy, he did chainsaw art, he was amazing, I have a short vid to show you him getting started and some of his finished products, the unpainted ones were the ones he was doing at the show, the bird one that was amazing I think he did before the show, not sure, just was intrigued by him.









Jade playing in the corn.



Dave and Amber.



My favorite people in the world.



Tricycle riding.



And that's pretty much it. Jade starts Faith Formation tonight and we will have to see how that goes, it's from 6h30 - 7h45 which I am not thrilled about coz Jade is usually asleep then already but oh well what must be done must be done right.

Thankfully not too busy a week considering nights have not been fun lately with Amber waking up so much for her pacifier, we have had two not so bad nights now in a row so I pray that we are over the hurdle on this one but man I hate the baby phase, thank God she is such a smiley baby so it make an often grumpy situation not half as bad :-)

Back to the Fair on Saturday and we will see what else the week brings, take care.

No comments: