Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back To School - Aug 25th 2009

Decided to go with the Tinkerbell theme since I couldn't find a back to school theme while quickly looking and I knew Jade would appreciate this one :-)

So we are back to school, first day of a new year and this year she is in First grade, wow time has flown and she has grown up so quickly, as most people know I am so not a baby person so I cannot wait till Amber gets to this age or well ... you know preschool age :-)

So when I walked into Jades room this morning at 6am, her big light was on already so I asked her what was up with that, she said that we went potty in the night at like 1am, saw a spider in the toilet, which was true coz Dave killed one and put it in the toilet but the idiot ... sorry Dave, didn't flush and that scared Jade half to death so she left her big light on all night ... and golly now I don't know how much sleep she got with that light on, poor thing, anyway she seemed fine this morning, I guess she is running on the excitement :-)

We had picked out her clothing last night to wear but after reading some of the stuff we got from orientation yesterday, it said no halter tops :-( Jade and I love halter tops and that is what she chose to wear today so change of plan, she was not happy with that. She did say though that Nana would be happy coz she got to wear the top that Nana bought her when she was out here visiting :-) Anyway here are three pics of her in what she was wearing and her new backpack or bookbag as they call it here.







Me not being a morning person at all, Dave walked Jade to the bus stop, with Amber's morning feed and me having to get done for work three mornings a week, I would love nothing more than to walk Jade to the bus stop and get chatty with all the moms there but I need to get done to get out of here :-( So Dave got to do that this morning and well obviously I get to do the afternoons but we will see how that goes coz it's right in the middle of Amber's naptime so ... oh well we will see.

Anyway below you can see all the kids that live around our house at this bus pick up point :-) more than at our old house right ?



Last but no least, here is Jade getting on the bus, I am sure she was so excited, she missed that so much when she had to be a car rider for the last few months of the last school year. I hope she got a good seat and was happy, not that the school is a long drive, but I don't know how many pick ups are on route. The bus was a little late today but it is suppose to come at 6h44 and it drops her the afternoon at 2h25 so it's a long day. You can can from the pics that from when I took the pics before she left home till when she got on the bus, it's about 25 mins and you can see how light it got in that time, come daylight savings though she will be in the dark at the bus stop.



So that's that for now, another school year has started. Good luck babygirl, do well and make mommy, daddy and Amber proud, we love you.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I so wish our kids could meet, will have to plan my next trip there. I am applying for my canadian passport, then I can just leave, no visa's. Wish I could move there actually and have a fresh start.