Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday the 1st August - SeaWorld !!!

On Saturday morning I decided that I only wanted to go to SeaWorld around 12ish so we could stay late and see some of the evening shows so I told Dave that he should take Jade to the beach for the morning which is what they did and Amber and I hung out at the hotel, man I cannot believe that we were in San Diego and so close to the beach and I didn't even get to put my feet in the sand let alone swim in the ocean, in fact I thought I would get to work on my tan but didn't get out of the shade much other than in the parks we visited of course. Can't say I enjoyed travelling with a baby, thank God she was not too much of a challenge as long as I keep her happy which was a 24/7 job and exhausting. We usually go away for Daves birthday which is the Labor Day weekend but I told him after this trip ... I think I will give it a skip this year, it's too exhausting and well honestly no fun for me at all so I would rather stay home where it's comfy and plan something fun from there.

Anyway after Amber woke up from her nap, I put her in a chair to do her neck exercises and she was in such a happy mood she just couldn't stop smiling, here are just three of the pics I took. By the way she is starting to giggle we think, she has done it about 3 times now, very cute. The first time was with Jade which was very special :-)








Ok off to SeaWorld, wow, wow, wow, what an amazing place, we were there from just after 12 till way after 10 that night and I don't think we saw the half of it, it was so totally amazing, I can't wait to go back again. I have to say very much to I am sure many peoples disgust, I totally enjoyed this vacation more than our trip to Disney, even with Amber in tow ... I loved all the parks we went to and really had a fun time, it would have been more fun had I gotten to go on more rides or see more shows but you know, we will go again one day and see more so we have something to look forward to.

The first show we went to was the Shamu and friends show, well it brought tears to my eyes how close and lovable these animals, these huge animals are with their trainers, they love each other so much it is so clear to see. I think maybe now other than a doctor or a vet, Jade has a third career she is interested in :-)







We totally loved the show, the only thing Jade wanted us to do differently next time, she wants to sit in the wet zone where Shamu splashes you with her tail, actually drenches you but anyway, maybe I will send her and Dave down there next time (hehehe).







Then Dave and Jade went on this wet ride, Jade loves these rides but in all honesty they hardly got wet on this one compared to one they did later the evening which unfortunately I didn't get pics of coz I was feeding Amber but they were so wet I had to change Jade into dry clothes coz it was cooler there in the evening and she eventually got cold.





Sitting waiting for the dolphin show to start.











I missed the Sea Lion show which Dave and Jade said was really funny ... but I did get to see a pet show which was very sweet but I didn't get any pics there.



More flamingos ...



Dave and I ... wishful thinking right (hehehe).



They had a huge, huge, huge fun play area for kids but I wish we had more time to hang around there, next time I think I will do two days at SeaWorld.



Before we left the park, we watched a Shamu and Friends late show, an evening show in the dark, it was amazing and there was fireworks afterwards, what a nice way to end the evening. We got back to the hotel just before 12 that evening after stopping on the way home for dinner which Jade missed coz she fell asleep in the car, poor thing. What a fun day, definitely the best park in San Diego !!!

Remember to scroll down ok :-) ... more to come.

No comments: