Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Saying goodbye to our home :-(

Oh well the time has finally come to say goodbye to our home, our first house here in Charlotte North Carolina and the only home Jade has ever known.

The week before we closed on our house was really hectic, we had been sleeping at the apartment since the weekend but there was still a lot to load in the Pack Rat which you see Dave doing below. Thankfully we were able to take much to the apartment, I knew we were going to be squashed in that little place for 6 months but since it was temporary we knew we would all survive but it didn't turn out to be that bad, I think we will be comfy there during our stay ... or I hope so anyway.



Well can you believe that you can fit so much of your house into a container like that, I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself. So I want to say we have a third of our house in the apartment and the rest for the most part is in that container, Dave did an awesome job of packing it, he questioned many times whether he would get everything in but we had taken so many loads to Goodwill that eventually we did get everything in thank God. Thanks to good friends Tina and Pam, they are holding onto a few things for us too, thanks you guys.



Here was our last goodbye, Jade and I standing by the front door, with all the excitement of our new house I can't say I will miss the old one but we sure had some fun times in that house. I thought Jade would be more sad to go, below you can see a picture of her with two of the kids she really has grown up with, for her sake I was sad but she is a trooper, thankfully with school starting she was excited about that and our trip to the beach had her excited too so I am sure when she thinks about it again, she will say she misses the kids but she is my child for sure, a social butterfly, she makes friends easily and fits in easily wherever she goes :-)

I think as long as no one talks about the kids and reminds her of them all the time, she will be good :-) she really is an awesome child !!!





Oh well goodbye Big Pine Drive, we will be back to visit I am sure !!!

No comments: