Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day Out With Mom

Well this was the Monday before school started, it had been such a crazy Summer that I feel other than being at the pool as much as we were, Jade and I didn't do as much fun stuff as we normally do in Summer and I felt bad about that so the Monday before her staggered Kindergarten day I decided that she and I were going to take a day off from all the house stuff and that we were going to Discovery Place for the day.

Carla and Hiro had taken her there earlier in the Summer and she had such a good time with that that she had been begging me to take her back there so I knew that my choice of what we were going to do on our 'day off' was going to be a hit.

The weather wasn't great so it was perfect to be indoors. Anyway we drove out to Pineville and took the light rail into the city, I could have driven in although I hate driving in the city but I thought the light rail would add to the days treat and I think it did, she loved our little train trip, below is her sitting on the train.



At Discovery Place there was this huge exhibit of bears, this one just took my breath away, imagine running into that one in the woods camping ... Jen when you spoke about a bear scare, could it have been one of these, oh my gosh look how little Jade looks in his shadow !!!



She and I could have spent ages at this one, you just fill that little thingi with sand and push it where you want it to go and it makes the most amazing art.



Digging for diamonds ... I don't think so !!! Here she was digging for all sorts of things including sharks teeth which she found a few of and got to bring them home. This 'dirt' is from somewhere in North Carolina for diggings at a place that use to be under water thus the sharks teeth. It was very interesting she could have spent all day there which amazed me :-) maybe we have a scientist in the making !!!



Here you could build structures with wood, this was fun for mommy too not that I was any good at it. Excuse the gum in her mouth, I know my mom will have something to say about that !!!



This tall one next to Jade got taller and taller it was amazing and she really put that together in 5 minutes, I watched her.



On our way out we saw this guy finish this one off, he didn't work there but was awfully good at putting them together, here you can see the height of it, my gosh :-)



Just another one with scientific stuff in the background, all very interesting stuff, you see even mommy is not too old to learn something ... don't laugh !!!



Below is an air chair, you sit in it and put your fingers on the button and it lifts you up, Jade loved this.



Going up ...



Dinoland !!!



Standing at a tank where you can see the baby sharks in the back. The fish tanks were amazing, Jade and I could have spent all day in there.



Here she could put her fingers in the water and touch the baby fish which she got such a kick out of.



And that was it, we rushed home and got an early night as she had to be up early in the morning, way way too early for she and I since we are not morning people but any stretch of the imagination. At least I wore her out some today so hopefully she will go off to sleep quickly.

Hold thumbs for tomorrow.

No comments: