Monday, September 29, 2008

House Update

We had quiet a busy weekend, Jade had a party on Saturday afternoon, it was her BFF Maggie from preschools birthday, so while she enjoyed her party which was a big girl Hannah Montana birthday party, Dave and I took advantage of the free time and went out for lunch, then went to pick up our new flat screen TV that Dave has bought for our bedroom in the new house ... now I just have to figure out where the hell to store that huge huge box in our little apartment :-(

After getting Jade we went through to the new house to see the progress and were shocked once again by the progress ... The roof was on and all the windows and outer doors were on, I cannot believe it !!! This is going so fast !!! They had also delivered the two baths for Jades bathroom and the spare bathroom and our bath for our master bathroom, wow !!!

Anyway it started to rain so I didn't manage to get any pictures but this one.



After that we went through to our old neighbors TD and Sylvia, Dave needed to fix something on his PC so we popped in there for a while. On leaving TD said he wanted me to take a picture of him for my blog ... I don't think he thought I really would put him on my blog but here you go TD ... now you too are famous amongst my blog followers :-)



Yesterday, Sunday we went through to the SA'n Festival which was being held about 30 minutes from our house. I thought it was going to be quiet a big event since it was running Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend but really it was almost a waste of a trip, I say almost because I got a yummy bag of koeksisters which made it a little more worth while. I think the organizers put a lot of work into getting it off the ground but in all honesty, it was really disappointing, and if it is going to be an annual event, I know we will pass on it and thinking many others will too, sad but true.

Then being out that way we went to Concord Mills for a bit, I love Concord Mills, anyone that knows me knows that !!! After that we went to check out a house being build in a neighborhood close to the Mills. It is the same model as ours we are building but we thought was ready for sale but it wasn't it probably is a week or two ahead in being built than our house so we didn't get to see too much there or get any ideas. At least it showed me how the house will look flipped, you see the model that we have been looking at it is built the opposite way to the way our one is being built, this all depends on where you house is situated in the road ... and me not being too visual knew it was going to be difficult for me to figure it all out. Our old house was the same so we are used to that but still, you know when you buy something on the idea that it will look almost exactly like the model and now it is flipped ... well that messes with my brain.

We got home in enough time thankfully for Jade to get her homework done, can you believe she gets homework every day and a project every weekend !!! And this is Kindergarten, gosh I have a lot too look forward to.

Anyway I need to get done and get out of here, I need to go get gas now that Charlotte has gas again, it's been crazy with almost all pumps being out of gas and people not being able to make it to work because they dont' have gas, not to mention the prices the gas stations are asking for gas because of the shortage, and those that have gas have 2 hour wait lines outside, madness ... but hopefully today it will be much better, hold thumbs.

No comments: