Monday, June 9, 2008

A Tiring Weekend To Say The Least ...

Well another week down, I can't believe it. We had a very tiring weekend, on Saturday we did almost 5 hours of house hunting, Jade managed pretty well considering it must be pretty boring for her, she loves the model homes and all the goodies in them but when we look at inventory homes that are empty it's not so much fun ... for me neither !!!

Anyway we looked at a bunch of homes and actually found a model or floor plan we might like. I had always said I wanted my Master bedroom upstairs and this one has the Master bedroom downstairs so I will have to think it through long and hard but there is still so much more to see so no decisions are being made quiet yet but at least we found one we liked and it was a nice size, around 3700 square feet and in a nice neighborhood too.

After that we went to our official pool opening party which was a Fiesta party and a pot luck at that, you had to take a Mexican dish of sorts to share, I have a nice Fiesta dip so mine was easy, just dip and some blue tortilla chips. This was right up Daves alley, he loves that food, Jade and I well, we picked a bit but didn't eat all that much. Jade had a ball as there were many kids to play with, also the water had warmed up enough for even us to get in so we had a good time and it was refreshing after a long day out in the heat, it has finally hit Summer here, that is for sure. We left the party at 8pm which is when the pool closes. Again I forgot my camera, sorry ...

Then yesterday, oh my gosh what a day, it was time to paint a large part of our upstairs to get the house ready for resale, well we got started with moving everything out of the loft which is Jades playroom, into all the other rooms upstairs, this was around 9h30 and we finished painting by about 10h30 last night, it was hectic but thank God it is done, now we just have to do the touch ups. There is still a lot of other painting to be done but this was the biggest part so thank God it is over with. Now we need to move everything back again, only we have packed up at least half of it and put it up in the Attic because we need to reduce the clutter for resale too.

Gosh there is so much work to be done but I am glad we got that done yesterday, through the week the upstairs will get cleaned and well Saturday I am sure we will be house hunting again and Sunday being Fathers Day and all, I think we will have to take a break, I don't have a plan for Fathers Day yet, we will have to see how the weather goes, you see we are into thunder storm season so rain is predicted almost every day, very weird but refreshing sometimes when it is so hot.

Otherwise, this week, I have a few thing on but for the most part I want to get a good deal of time at the pool, last week we didn't go at all and that was just bad. Friday Jade and I are going with Tina and her kids to Carowinds which is our local amusement park and water park, so that is something we will also be looking forward to.

We are getting used to Jades hair being short, it was great at the pool :-) but it does take more maintenance than long hair believe it or not.

Last but not least it is Daves dads birthday today, many happy returns, I know you will be spoilt rotten so will have a good birthday :-) We will be thinking of you especially today :-)

That's all for now, more later.

No comments: