Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lots of work to be done ...

Well not an exciting update this time around ... it's been a crazy week but nothing I want to get into on here, it would just bore you all have to death but thank God the week is almost over.

Jade and I didn't really do much that was too exciting this week, we hung out at the pool a lot and did some house hunting which I really thought she would find totally boring but as long as we are looking at model homes and not inventory homes she likes to find 'her' room, the poor thing thinks that if we bought that particular model, her room would come with everything she sees gosh is she in for a rude awakening !!!

We made a trip to the library to get her signed up for the Summer reading program which gives kids incentives to work toward with each hour that they read, Jade is excited. I got her a bunch of easy reading books and so far we are through the first two and she knows them pretty well, has to sound some words out but she is well on her way to reading. I really wanted to teach her this Summer so that when she went to Kindergarten she would already be able to read, with her loving books so much it's not too tough a task, we do at least 60 - 90 minutes a day, sometimes more if she reads with daddy at night too. It's so exciting to see her get into reading and being excited about being able to read, the little she is ... but still !!!

We were excited for a night swim on Friday but the weather didn't play along so we passed on that one, we could still have gone down but the water would have been really cold after all the rain we had this week and well it ready just wasn't that hot Friday evening, so Dave treated us to dinner which was a nice treat for me, there was enough for two dinners which is cool, I haven't had to cook much this weekend at all.

Saturday we got an early start to house hunting because Dave didn't cycle, we spent about 7 hours house hunting, can you believe that. We found another nice house we like so really the big thing now is to move our butts and get our house on the market which is what we have been busy doing the entire day today ... and it's not near ready yet.

The scary part is as I told you before our neighbors on both sides have their houses on the market already, but we have been noticing a neighbor which we don't speak to much working on his house inside and out too so we think their house might go on the market too soon, I hate the thought of that 4 houses in the same cul de sac for sale, all with the same house plan ... I don't know and Dave is thinking about doing the For Sale By Owner thing ... not so sure about that. I think I also mentioned that he was thinking of perhaps renting this house, I don't know about that either so there is lot's to think about that is for sure, hold thumbs for us please !!!

Jade is excited tomorrow her cheer leading camp starts, it's in the afternoon which messes up our days some but we will see how it goes. I am sure most of my 'alone' hours will be spent finding goodies to spruce up the house to make it pretty to sell. I am sure I will write more later in the week about her camp, I really hope she enjoys it.

You see I told you it was a boring update but I wanted to at least say hi and say we are all alive and well ... but tired !!! Have a good week.

No comments: