Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You know I am losing it when ...

Oh well, let's just say that I can't wait for 2008 so that I can kick 2007 in the butt. It really hasn't been a great year for me and as it is nearing a close, during this already hectic time, I know I am losing it when Dave phones me at 9h10 in the morning and Jade has to be at school at 9h20 and says ... 'how come I have the Christmas Program at Jades school in my diary today when you told me it was tomorrow ?' Thank God is all I can say, thank Heavens he looked at his diary when he did because somehow even though I had it in my diary that Jades last day of school was the 18th, somehow I had it in my head her last day was Wednesday. Oh golly what a rush, it was lucky that I had her Christmas dress ready and it was just a case of getting her together in time and making sure I could find the video and camera before heading out the door. Thankfully Dave didn't have a meeting and he could make it too, well realistically speaking it was in his diary, thank Heavens I hadn't planned anything important for that morning.

So we got there on time and got a front row seat, only Jade had told me she was standing on the right hand side of the stage when in fact she was on the left hand side so I scooted over that way and actually sat on the floor in front of the first row, thankfully they didn't mind and well soon other parents in the same boat joined me.

The program was super quick this year and well those that saw her program last year will know that Jade sang really loud, you could hear her above the rest of the class, this year there were many 'Jades' so it was pretty cool, in fact Jade didn't know all the words to all the songs they sang which surprised me considering how much she likes to sing, having said that, last year I knew what they were singing so she and I practised a lot, this year I wasn't entirely sure what they were singing so there was no practising at home, but it all went off well.

Here is a little video of one of the songs.





I guess I should say for those that don't know well enough, where she is in the video, she is in the middle row, fourth from the left, her hair is down and she has a Santa dress on.

So the run up to Christmas is exciting, Jade and I went out this morning to buy daddy a gift from her, so that was fun. I am working tonight as usual, it will be my last Wednesday for two weeks so that will be a welcomed break. Then Saturday in the SA Soup Evening at our house and then Sunday we were going to Laurie, one of my jewelers but her daughter is in hospital with pneumonia which is going around big time over here amongst the kids. Shame Jade has been fighting a very snotty nose since Thursday and I am a little worried at when she blows her nose, she says her ear is sore when I know how she is prone to ear infections but I will watch her over the next day or so ... anyway so Laurie cancelled her party. Then Monday it's off to Tina an family for a big Christmas Eve Dinner and then it's Christmas on Tuesday and well before you know it that has come and gone too. We don't have plans for the New Year this year yet but we will see :-)

I think this will definitely be my last post before Christmas so have a good one y'all and drive safe if you are on the roads, don't eat too much but enjoy all the festivities and we will catch up again in 2008.

No comments: