Friday, December 14, 2007

Jades 5th Birthday

What a long and busy day ... The day started of course with Jade opening gifts from us and from family in SA, already that was overwhelming for her coz she got spoilt rotten of course, as usual. Shame all she wanted to do was play with all her new toys but it was time for breakfast and school not to mention some early phone calls from SA. We did manage to open one or two for her while I was rushing around and before we left so I think she was ok with that and well she had all afternoon anyway to play with all her new toys. Before I go on, thank you to Oupa & Nana, Granny & Grampa, Uncle Gavin & Aunty Gigi and Uncle Sion & Aunty Tiana for arranging gifts to arrive on time for her to open first thing in the morning, it means a lot to us that y'all take the time to make this happen for her. We actually got lucky with the cards too, all her SA'n birthday cards arrived either before or on the day of her birthday, good going y'all !!!

Then it was off to school where of course she gets made a fuss of all day. I went in just after lunch time to take in some birthday cookies for the kids, this is always a treat for them all but of course having a parent in the class was a treat for Jade. They sang for her and then ate the cookies. I took a few pics of her class so that y'all can see what it looks like.










After school she came home to play with everything and to take some extra calls locally and from SA and Canada, she was tickled pink how many times people sang for her but if you ask her who made the best impression she will say Gavin since she said he sang so loud he didn't need a phone she could have just opened the front door and heard him all the way from Africa ... she's too funny :-)

Then that evening she and I left home a little early to go get her balloons, you see we were having the party at Space Kidets but we still wanted to have a Tinkerbell Theme so we pretty much had to do that with balloons and plates, napkins and of course treat bags.

Anyway the party started at 6pm and ran till 8pm which was a long party for these kids. They had an hour in the inflatable play zone which was more than enough, from the pics of Jade you can tell she looked like a drowned rat she was so hot, oh but what I am leaving out is that she had a little fight with the water fountain so that added to her already 'hot' look. It was really too long for these kids in there but anyway, I am sure their parents were happy I wore them out :-) There were 25 kids so it was a little crazy but I think everyone had a nice time. After all the jumping the kids got led into the party room which is where they had pizza and cake and of course lots of juice which they all were desperate for. They also sang happy birthday for her which there is a little video of later.











Here is the short video of all the kids singing happy birthday to her at Space Kidets.



After this they get led into the games room which is not very big and I thought it was going to be crazy in there but it wasn't too bad, I didn't get many pics in here worth adding but there was a miniature golf course which I was worried about ... gosh 25 4 and 5 year olds with golf clubs ... but thankfully all went well. They also had an air hockey table which I think was Jade favorite and other games as well as video games. I think the parents had a good time in here too ... you didn't have to put money or tokens in the machines so everyone was enjoying them :-) We were a half an hour in there which I think could have been longer but anyway the night was already way long !!!



After that it was just a case of handing out treat bags and heading home. Jade was so good, something I didn't like was that there wasn't time to open gifts at the party, there were just too many gifts and the kids were more interested in playing so that's what they did. I explained to Jade that this was what was going to happen and that on Thursday night we would have another little party at home, her dad, she and I and then she could open all her gifts and she was totally fine with that. Of course from after school Thursday till dad came home which was slightly earlier thank heavens, she drove me insane, I actually let her open two gift the afternoon and then told her it's unfair to daddy if she opened more and she is such a fair child she was ok with that.

Here is a pic of some of the gifts she opened the morning of her birthday and the ones she still needed to open. This weekend I am seriously taking her playroom apart and getting rid of everything she has outgrown so that all this new stuff can move upstairs before Christmas arrives.



She really got a lot, tons of Littlest Pet Shop which is my new favorite :-) can you tell I am reliving my childhood through her. And oh my gosh all the My Little Pony stuff, it's adorable, she got lots of new Polly Pockets too which is cool and the big hit was that my girlfriend Tina and her family gave Jade a fancy and cute MP3 Player. Dave is a little jealous coz he says it is better that his one :-) but now all Jade wants is for us to download all her favorite songs onto it which I have no problem with but I see a problem coming here, when mom calls now she has an excuse not to come, I will have to deal with that one when the time comes.

Thanks to everyone that made her birthday special. The next time you hear from me will probably be her Christmas program at school which is next week on the 18th. Until enjoy the Christmas rush :-) I am officially all done with my shopping I am happy to say, now it's just the wrapping I have to worry about !!!

1 comment:

toytiger said...

Really enjoyed seeing the pics and video and reading all about Jade's special day. Especially nice to see her celebrating at school with her fellow scholars.