Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gymnastics Medal Tests

Today was Jades Gymnastics Medal Test, this year so far has been tough for Jade, last year I think was more playtime than anything else, this year she has been by far the youngest in her class, she started this group in August and you needed to be 5 to get into this class and she will only be 5 tomorrow but her teachers thought it would be a good challenge for her and that it sure has been.

For me it's been hard to watch sometimes because Jade is such a confident child but competing against kids some of which are 7 and 8 years old is tough. She never gives up trying which is awesome for me to see and watch but she knows she is battling and often says to me she didn't do something right or that she can't do something which is very unusual for her. But one of the teachers spoke to me when I questioned all this some time back and she said that I shouldn't worry that Jade is doing exactly what she should be doing for her age, I told her I was worried that she wasn't up to the standard of the class but she said they don't expect Jade to be at the level that some of the older kids are or be be coordinated to the extent they would be at that age. That made me feel somewhat better of course but I hope Jade understands that she is doing just fine.

That being said, I gave her a hard time today because she really wasn't listening to her teacher but I think that might have been because all the parents were there and she was showing off in front of daddy. I wanted to really show him how much she has learnt so far but she really does so much better during weekly lessons compared to what she showed him today but he wasn't the wiser so that was ok.

Now that all being said, Jade got her medal today which she is very happy with of course and she also got promoted from Junior Novice to Advanced Novice so well ... we will have to see how that goes. Maybe they see more potential in her than we do right now, all I know is she tries and that is all that matters to me right now, she has years still to win that Gold at the Olympics (hehehe).

Anyway here are some pics from today, I guess I will update again in a day or so since it is her birthday tomorrow and there is a party and all that we still need to get through, so maybe Thursday !!!















No comments: