Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Riding Without Training Wheels

Dave has been nagging me to put up Jades video of her riding her bicycle without training wheels. For a while now he has been teaching her how to ride without them in our back yard on the grass, it didn't take long for her to get her balance without falling back there but I have to say it was mom that was hesitant to take her onto the road out front.

So for the first few times I never watched them out front and only when Dave was confident she was doing well, he called me to watch. Having said that she has never to date really had a rough fall which amazes me, she has her helmet and knee and elbow guards and gloves on and she has fallen over once or twice but no real falls, not that they won't happen, I am just surprised there weren't more of them now in the beginning especially with how fast she rides.

She is so chuffed with herself, it's really cute, she had to tell everyone to come watch, another proud parent moment ... go take a look.



Other than that, things have been a little hectic around here lately, nothing worth mentioning though, with Jade on Summer vacation, we just try to keep as busy as possible.

Regarding seeing my cousin in July, there has been a little change in plan, she thinks it would be better if her hubby drives them to their friends in Ohio and then her friend, another fellow South African drives them down here from there. Then after their visit here, I will drive them back, not too big a difference but I actually like the change in plans :-) Also that way, she is relying on my taking her back and I might just never want to do that (hehehe), I can't wait for them to arrive.

As much as I love the States and easily consider it my home, it's always nice to have someone visit that knows you well enough for you just to be yourself, no worrying about accents or anything else that comes with being raised in a different country. We wish we weren't so far away from South Africa so we could have more visitors, hopefully one day my brother and Gigi will make it over here and then I still really want to get my dad over here but he doesn't like to fly so this long flight might not be something I can ever talk him into but one can still hope right :-)

We have a bunch of pool dates set up for this month so that in itself should keep us busy, then Jade has another doctors appointment this Friday just to check that her ears are better which I am hoping they are, she is suppose to get shots then too but I think I will put them off for now since Dave and I have a date night on Friday night and I don't want to have to worry about her having a bad reaction to the shots. She also has her first dentist visit in a weeks time which mom is so not looking forward to, I am petrified of the dentist and don't want to scare her any but this dentist is a pediatric dentist and comes highly recommended and I don't have to go back into the office with her that's how they do things here ... that suits me fine and Jade is so brave, she will be ok ... I hope.

She also has gymnastics camp the week of the 18th so that's something both of us can look forward to as well :-)

Until next time, see ya :-)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You can quite the little daredevil I would say. She seems so confident, no fear at all and it looks like such freedom!!!

Enjoy her she is a sweetheart!

toytiger said...

I was amazed to see how fast and expert Jade is on her bike. David has really taught her well. This is a most thrilling accomplishment.
Bravo Jade!

Carla

Anonymous said...

OMG first its bikes, then its cars..its going way toooo fast!!! She is doing an incredible job riding that thing! You know she has excellent balance for having the ear problems. It was an issue for K at first..the balance, but once she had her tubes, she was good to go. Love you all!

Kath