Sunday, June 10, 2007

Very Uneventful Weekend ...

Well I thought I better post quickly before the week gets started again and I don't have time to sit her and update much ... Friday Dave and I had a date night, which for those that don't know, Jades school offers once a month as a service to families, it's pretty cool, it's for 4 hours and is $10 per kid which you really can't beat so we try and take advantage of it as much as possible. So Dave and I went out for a nice dinner at On The Border, a Mexican restuarant and then him and I went to go see the movie Knocked Up which was obviously my choice but we both ended up enjoying it since it was really funny, the language was bad though so I am not sure if it will come highly recommended by many people around here.

Then Saturday morning was a slow morning but at 2pm we went to the pool, one of my neighbors which is a realtor was sponsoring an ice cream social so we went down to support him. The turnout was great and it was hot as heck a perfect pool and ice cream day. We stayed will after 6pm so got a little burnt :-(

Then today being Sunday, again was slow, when I say slow, we did a bunch of stuff around the house but didn't really get showered till early afternoon. Golly where are the days where you could just take a pajama day every now and again or just stay in bed and watch movies all day, I so miss those days !!! Anyway Dave took Jade to the park to ride her bike in the afternoon, not a clever idea that time of the day but we had said we were going to take her so he took her while I carried on potting around the house. Right now Dave is sitting outside watching the grand prix on his laptop outside while Jade is playing with the kids and well we should probably get started soon with a bbq before it gets too late, not that the sun goes down early or anything, it's still light here after 8 at night but we pretty much skipped lunch so an early dinner would be great, having said that, it's after 5 already, so much for early but anyway !!!

So what does the next week bring ? Tomorrow we don't have too much planned, it's Monday so I chat to my mom in the afternoon but maybe after that Jade and I will go to the pool some before Dave gets home. Tuesday Jades school has a parents day out which I am totally going to take advantage of and then in the afternoon she has a birthday party at the Blast Zone which is somewhere we havent been yet so that is exciting. Wednesday Jade has her first dentist appointment which mom is very nervous about but hopefully all will go well, she is one brave little girl but hold thumbs for us, then the afternoon I work again and she will come along with me, something I am sure Dave is enjoying these days, time to himself every Wednesday night. Thursday will be quiet again, nothing much planned and then Friday we have a play date at the pool which should be fun so I am sure this week will go quick.

I can't believe how this month is flying by, I am so excited, it won't be long till my cousin and her kids are here :-) I can't wait !!!

Last but not least, Daves dad turned 70 yesterday so I just wanted to give him a shout out from us over here, I hope he had a wonderful day, which I am sure it was since they had a family function, Jade and I baked so we had our own little celebration for grampa over here :-) Happy Birthday Grampa !!!

No comments: