Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day



Today was a great day, it started with Jade sleeping late, I eventually got up at 8h30, she was lying on her bed talking to herself so we went in to wake Dave up with a very loud Happy Fathers Day ... he was still snoring so it was a big surprise to him LOL !!! He then opened his many cards and gifts from Jade and I and then I was off to make us a nice big breakfast, yummy.

One of his gifts was a Dvd of the Blue Man Group so the three of us watched it together after breakfast, Jade actually enjoyed it so it was nice to watch something together, then we got ready slowly and made our way to the pool at about 1 this afternoon. I made us a picnic lunch so we stayed there until about 5 this evening and came home. It was really hot but thankfully the pool wasn't too busy so it was more enjoyable than most weekends.

Then when we got home Jade played with the kids for a few minutes on the slip and slide and then it was off to dinner at the Outback which we all enjoyed. When we got home after 8 tonight, some of the kids were still playing outside so we let Jade play outside till about 9h15 and then we came in, so it's been a long day but a nice day.

The picture above was taken just before bedtime, even though I took my camera everywhere with us today, it took all day for me to get this picture :-)

Happy Fathers Day again to all the dads out there.

Oh by the way, just one last thing, for people, mostly family that are wanting pictures from us, the ones we used to send are not nearly as good quality as the ones on the blog, so my suggestion is to right click and save pictures on the blog and print those. Regarding the videos I know it's a pain on dial up to see them and I haven't quite figured out how you can save them unless you save them from YouTube which I think will be too tough for some of the family to work out ... but at least now we can put them somewhere where you can all see them, before you just didn't get to see them because they were too big to put on email, so I am sorry but hopefully this is better than nothing !!!

No comments: