Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Canadian Millers Came To Visit !!!

Well I am now at the update where the Millers came to visit, Leanda my childhood friend that reconnected with me on Facebook last year which came to visit me in February drove down with her wonderful family, Elliot her hubby and her kids Ethan which is 12 and Jadyn which is 8. Still cannot believe she and I had babies the same year, both girls and we called them Jade and Jadyn, amazing !!!

Anyway Elliot is supposed to be sending me some pics that he took of the kids over the week they were here, he is one very busy guy, never in my life come across a guy as organized and together as he is :-) hope he is reading this, what are the chances right ??? Anyways, him and the kids did a lot of touristy type stuff and my Jade must have thought she was in Heaven coz she tagged along everywhere. Leanda and I did as much as we could but Amber had to nap, I didn't want another 'Seaworld' experience so Amber had to nap but we did as much as we could and I hope they had fun. What was a super treat for me of course was we ate out so much which gave me a huge break, little Ethan has a peanut allergy so it was just easier to eat out all the time. Funny how it awakened me to the whole peanut allergy thing and now both my kids are in peanut free classes at school !!!

David was in New York the entire week which was sad coz he didn't get to spend any time with them and it made it a little harder on me as far as playing host and all but we made do ... and were excited for Friday coz Dave would be flying home and would have Amber for the weekend while Jade and I went to Myrtle Beach with the Millers, what another nice treat and something cool for Jade and I to do alone.

Anyway so our good friends Deon and Estelle watched Amber Friday during the day while we went off to Myrtle and then I got a call from Dave just about when he was supposed to fly out of New York saying they have been grounded, this is the company jet I am talking about, there was a storm coming and they didn't expect to get out till late and that was if they took off at all.

This had me frantic, now I was worried that Amber might have to sleepover somewhere she had not slept before and golly I don't even think I had enough diapers in her bag for her to overnight somewhere, not to mention the inconvenience to Deon and Estelle and the fact that they were going out of town the next morning for the weekend. Then to crown it all as the evening went on, Dave said the pilot was nearing his cut off time for flying and now I had to worry about that too ... I really was concerned about it all and here I was at this beautiful beach but not to happy about it at all.

Anyway thank God they took off around 8 ish so even though Dave got home late, he was able to go get Amber and I could finally breath and enjoy the remainder of my little vacation, but really did I have to have all this stress !!!

Anyway we had a great time at the beach, did and saw as much as we could and Jade had a ball out on her boogie board, not as much fun as she had in Florida but still.

I hope the Miller Family had a good time and I cannot wait till they come visit again and hopefully then we won't be tied down with Amber and we can do more ... Elliot I will be more prepared for you next time (hehehe) !!!

Thank you so much for coming to visit, loved having you guys and Leanda, what a blessing to have you in my life again, it was meant to be girl, meant to be !!!

If I EVER get the pics, I will add them later.

REMEMBER TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ UP ... I KNOW IT MAKES SENSE BY NOW !!!

No comments: