Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend ... Saturday

Well I had planned on updating as the weekend played out but it's Monday evening and I am only getting to this now and figured if I didn't do it now, I was not going to get another chance before us leaving to the beach so here goes ...

On Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go to the Matthews Alive Festival in downtown Matthews, for those that have visited us, you will know that is a stone throw away from where we live. We go to this small Festival every year and really enjoy it :-)



I took so much video and was so disappointed with the quality :-( Dave bought me a new camera but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I don't think this was the old cameras fault, it was just I obviously was sitting in a bad spot and the lens was catching the sun. Anyway I have uploaded a few pictures and video's. Two of the videos are of the parade itself, it was at least, gosh I actually don't know but I am thinking at least 45 minutes of parade, I love the parade, the load trucks scare Jade a little but she loves the parade too, probably because as the floats go by the throw candy at her, she racked up a good bag full :-)







After the parade we walked around and viewed all the stalls, I love doing that, would prefer to do it on my own though coz Dave hates to walk especially in places like this and well you know how kids are ... but I took a quick walk around while Jade got her fact tattooed and made a craft or two, the bottle one was really cool now I am hoping she won't drop it or mess all the sand around my house.











Then under a small tent there was a music guy doing a little show, it was fun but we enjoyed it more coz it got us out the sun :-) Anyway through the show he called up kids of all ages to have some fun with him, below you will see two videos, the first one is of Jade in the 4 & 5 category showing happy faces and happy feet. Then the other, now you need to sit down and get the Kleenex handy coz you are going to laugh your head off, Jade got Dave to go up and do the twist (hehehe) he almost dislocated his hips but he had a good work out and it was a ton of fun to watch :-)





After that we walked on over to the rides and bought Jade a few tickets to ride a few of the rides, I have some pics and video below of her having fun.













We went home after that and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon, Dave started his mountain biking Saturday evening and did half the loop because one of the guys had a problem with his bike so Dave helped him out. When he came home he said he was riding again Sunday morning, which he did !!! Now all I can say is that his butt is so sore the guy can hardly sit ... too funny :-) but I am thrilled he is getting into something outdoors that will get him the exercise he so drastically needs :-) Now hopefully this lasts.

Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon were spend at the pool, may as well get as much use out of it before it closes ... now it's bedtime for Jade, early up again tomorrow, back to normal ... school, work and so much more.

Thursday Dave turns 40 !!! Wow he's getting old !!! We plan on leaving bright and early Thursday morning, everyone that wants to call him can call him either on his cell or mine, we will take the call on route (email me if you want the numbers, I didn't want to put them on here), the beach we are going to is Wrightsville beach in North Carolina, it's about a 4 odd hour drive for us. I thought since Dave has already gotten his birthday gift from me, we would hit the road early and do the smaller gifts and cake that evening at our hotel in Wilmington :-)

I don't think there will be any more updates this week, I will update again when we get back from the beach. Oh and by the way, it seems that all my comments have dried up again :-( am I doing this all for nothing ... anyone out there ????????

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow Dave sure has the moves!!! I got dizzy watching Jade go around and around. We also went to a fair looked similar, although each time my kids went on a ride it was 12 tickets because some are 4 tickets each. Cost quite a bit, but lots of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!! WELCOME TO "CLUB 40"!! And Tracy, you can become a member soon enough! LOL. Have a wonderful time away and emjoy! Oh yea..ps...Dave...you look very "americanized" doing the "Twist"...LOL. Great dancing!