Monday, July 2, 2007

Well ... The Van's Have Arrived !!!

Just a quick update while Dave has gone off to work, Karen is still sleeping and the kids are playing somewhat quietly upstairs ...

Jade slept at my girlfriend Tina on Friday and Saturday night, Dave and I left at 6am on Saturday morning to drive up to Cranberry to collect Karen, the trip up was pretty uneventful, we stopped once to buy gas and breakfast and then were on our way again, Dave played my mp3 player a lot of the trip while I caught up on movies and TV that he had DVR'd for me which was cool. We made good time as did Karen and George so when we met up, it wasn't long before we hit the road back again.

The kids were angels in the back of the car, they all had a DVD player to watch which helped hugely, it was amazing. We only stopped once, to fill gas, allow the kids to play a bit, get a restroom break and to grab dinner, all at once and then we hit the road back again, getting us home around 10pm which was amazing.

Yesterday Dave went to get Jade pretty early, the kids played outside a bit late morning which is something we don't do here in Summer that is for sure but I will have to get Karen used to how we do stuff here LOL, after a light lunch we went to the pool for the majority of the afternoon, the girls totally wore Dave out but he looked as if he had fun, or he put on a pretty good front.

When we got back, we had dinner, then I took a detour to the store to show Karen all the new developments around us ... and then it was relaxing for the night ... or so I thought. My child that is hardly ever sick and NEVER throws up, threw up in the night, I didn't hear her so poor Karen cleaned up most of it before getting me up. After that she seemed ok but still had runny tummy later in the night as well, so golly, I hope it was just all the excitement yesterday and that she hasn't caught a bug coz the good man upstairs knows, all we need is us all to catch a 'throw up' bug, well that would make our vacation :-( so hold thumbs !!!

So today I think we are going to take it easy, maybe do some driving around, go to the SA shops but easy stuff, hopefully we don't have to go to the pool today, and Jade can take it a bit easy, we will see, she seems fine this morning but hasn't eaten anything yet.

Anyway more later.

No comments: