Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving & Black Friday ...

DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL.

I know I am adding lots of info here but not adding too many pics ... pics will come as December rolls along so hang in there.

In the meantime just wanted to tell you about our Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

This year we did the same as last year, we went to Wade and Darlenes house for Thanksgiving with a good many other families, not as many as lat year but still a lot. Everyone brings something to share from Hams and of course Turkeys to sides of all kind with potatoes of all kind ... way too much food as usual. Not to mention the dessert table, golly so many pies to choose from and cake and cheesecake and cookies ... wow, can't wait for Gigi to make it over here :-) This year I took baked candied yams and caramel cupcakes.

We left way earlier than last year coz this year Black Friday started early, I was at Walmart just after 8pm and even though you could only take the sale items through the cash register at 10pm and some items only got handed out at 10pm ... like electronics, people had been in line for ages. It was crazy they had garden chairs and their drinks and lunch and were just sitting up the aisles waiting for time to pass, totally crazy but I guess when you want something you stand in line for it as long as it takes, a good deal is a good deal on Black Friday for sure. I managed to get all that was on my list at Walmart no problem, took forever to fight the crowds at the checkout though. Anyway then onto Target where the doors only opened at midnight, it was cold outside but I only stood in line for about 30 odd minutes and then again managed to get all that was on my list and was home in bed just after 1am.

Of course I was now so awake I couldn't get to sleep, it was way after 2am when I last looked at the clock. Then I was up and in the stores again at 6am to get the last bit of my shopping done, it was a very good Black Friday for me this year, managed to get most things that were on everyones list. Dave just did Black Friday online, now where's the fun in that right ?

Missed you again this year Karen, that was the best, shopping with you that time of the morning. Now Gavin and Gigi, next year it's your turn.

I was home and done by 11am and got to relax the rest of the day :-) We had a nice long weekend, obviously most of it was taken up by putting up Christmas Decorations but that's fun for me anyway. Got Dave his 40 foot ladder this year for Christmas, yeah nice and early but it made it way easier for him to do the outside lights, will add those pics later.

Ok let me see what's next on my list.

DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL.

No comments: