Friday, December 2, 2011

16th Wedding Anniversary.

REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN ...

No pics of this one, crazy but true but just wanted to add a bit about our trip away for those that don't know about it.

I am lucky to have two families that Dave and I swap out weekend with every now and again so we can get away and get a break from the kids and recharge our love for each other, (hehehe) how romantic does that sound (hehehe) !!!

This year I decided you know we always go at least 3 - 4 hours away and spend so much time travelling in the car that we were not going to go far this time around and there was so much on locally that we could go to that even though Dave did not buy into it int he beginning it landed up being a really good idea in the end.

We actually stayed in a hotel in Concord, about an hour from home. We left while Amber napped on the Friday and spent the evening at Northlake Mall since it was really cold outside and rainy so anything indoors was good. We did dinner and a late movie and just shopped around then back to the hotel.

Saturday morning we went car shopping, yep I am getting a new van at some stage, I am very excited about that !!! So without the kids it was a great opportunity to go and do some shopping around :-) Then later the morning we went to Birkdale Village which is the quaint little shopping area but it was so bitterly cold outside we decided to head to Concord Mills rather, we hung out there for the afternoon till it was time to go to the Stock Car Track ... Oh my gosh it was cold, bitterly cold but yep we went to the stock car track for the first time here in NC and if you could get past the cold and dust like I have never experienced it was great fun. A nice treat for Dave I am sure and well I enjoyed it too but think I will be coughing for a good while after all that dust and wind, gosh !!!

Sunday morning after checkout we went to the Renaissance Festival which when I told Jade that daddy and I did that alone this year, she was so upset with me but it was so nice to do that on our own, to hang out and watch the more adult shows and to eat and drink without all the mess that goes with doing that with kids, it was so nice and the weather could not have been better. We had a great time !!!

And yeah we headed home around 5 ish, so thankful to our neighbors that we had this opportunity and the girls were good so all went well.

Now to start planning the next trip !!!

REMEMBER TO SCROLL.

No comments: