Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Dusting Of Snow

There was great excitement last night, mainly from me of course since Jade was already in bed and asleep, when I looked out the window and saw it was snowing, I ran upstairs and woke Jade to tell her and showed her the snow flakes falling knowing good and well they wouldn't probably be there in the morning, she was amazed and was having a good old conversation with me but when I put her back into bed she was asleep in minutes, I was sure she wouldn't remember our conversation this morning but apparently she does :-)

Anyway we really only got a dusting of snow, barely two inches so by this morning with the rain and all, it really was just a wet mess, but I still dressed Jade up and she and I went walking in the rain, not for long since it was really cold out there ... now I can see my cousin Karen laughing her head off at me saying that but anyway, it was zero degrees for sure and it was just cold, cold for us anyway :-)

The road were fine, some roads had been salted by the city but I am not sure if it was really needed, although many areas around us got up to four inches of snow and that's a lot more than we had. His drive into work was normal he said, just as if it was raining, nothing more. Here is him leaving for work this morning. He thought he was going to have to de-ice his windshield but he said the wipers did just fine so really we've seen a lot worse here.



This is the front of our house, you can see on the bushes there wasn't much at all, not even enough to throw a snowball but still Jade had fun splashing around in it all.



This is a pic from our house down into the cul de sac.



This was from the back of our house, looking across all the back yards.



These are just a few of Jade :-)









There is suppose to be more snow coming maybe Saturday, Jade has one of her little friend from school coming for a sleep over tomorrow night so we can't go up to the mountains on Saturday, but maybe Sunday, we will see and keep you posted of course :-)

No comments: