Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jades Room ... At Last !!!

It just dawned on me from a comment that Jen posted (thanks Jen) that I haven't ever posted pictures of Jades room, it's been a work in progress but for the most part it is done now, so let me tell you how it all came about ...

Firstly we were given the dresser by a friend of mine, someone I met through the Moms Club and have been friends with since Jade was a baby, her name is Jen too, she had no use for the dresser so asked me if I wanted it and of course, she didn't have to ask me twice :-) We looked forever for a headboard to match and eventually bought a cheap one which we have now trashed because two years down the road, Jen moved houses and now didn't have a use for matching headboard, can you believe that, what a wonderful gift that was from her to Jade :-)

Ok so all we knew is that Jade wanted pink and purple in her room so that was the starting point, I went out looking for a bedroom set, a comforter set ... well that was a tough one, I had millions of comforters to chose from but no cute ones because I was putting my toddler into a queen size bed which most people don't do, anyway eventually I found this one, it's a Lizzie Maguire set which she knows nothing about right now but I am sure in time will grow into ... but for now it worked color wise.

Then I went looking for a border for her walls and was totally blown away when I found this one, they just matched so well, then it was a matter of matching the border up with the paint and this is what it ended up looking like :-)

I had bought a while back the little handles for her dresser, I thought that was a nice touch, the original handles are just wooden ones. The curtains were the old ones that were in her room, they don't match too well but I have been lazy to change them so for now those will have to do. The little hearts above her headboard were a Dollar Store fine (hehehe) but thought they looked good there ... then I filled a few picture frames with family and friends pics, added her bedtime prayer to a frame, hung her JADE name cap or coat rack and added a few goodies to her dresser that kind of matched and we were done.

Last but not least, the last thing we added in the corner above her bed, I have always liked angels and fairies but they don't really fit her room too well but while on our last trip to SA, Nana bought her this long hanging goodie with feathers and shiney goodies and well that started me on the feathered fairy decorations, I bought another 3 while in Hermanus one weekend and we just hung them all today. I told Jade every time I got to SA, I am going to buy a few on these so that eventually her roof will be full on them, I thought that would look really pretty, only by the time I get all that done, she will probably be too old for them ... but a mom can dream right ???

The only thing you can't see is in all these pics is the detail on some of the goodies on her dresser and her night light plugged in below her photo's on the wall, it matches the border, I think it all came together well, don't you ... ok come on, at least TRY and post a comment !!!











I wanted to add just one thing to this update, Friday night Jade had a High School Musical party / sleepover / campout at my neighbor Tina's house, this is the same house she had the Cheetah Girls party last year. It's the fun house in the road :-) Anyway, Dave and I took advantage of the free time and went shopping for his birthday gift on Friday evening, we went for a nice dinner and went to see a late movie which brought us home around 12h30. I walked down to see if it was all quiet in Tina's back yard only to find Tina and another neighbor Shawn chatting away while the kids, all in their tents, (three tents divided age wise) still messing around. I went to first talk to Jade and told her to go to sleep, at close to 1h30 I went to threaten her that if she didn't fall asleep in the next 5 minutes, she was coming home with me to sleep at home, so that put her to sleep pretty quickly. I left around 2am which is a late night for me but apparently the older kids only got to sleep after 4am.

At 10am the next morning I went to go get Jade, she had apparently woken up at 7am and was one of the first (hehehe), she had a ball !!! We had a very slow day yesterday because we were all tired, I did a bit of cleaning since I have my renewal show here on Tuesday but that was about it. Jade was in bed by 7h30 and asleep by 8pm. She slept till after 9am this morning which was a treat for Dave and I.

Later this afternoon we will go to the pool for a bit but then it will be an early night tonight because tomorrow is Jades first day of school so I will probably update again ... so until then :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh pretty room! The last time i saw that room Jade was still in a crib! Its been way too long and I want to come back! I miss you guys so much. You just keep hanging stuff Tracy..lol its adorable.

Love
Kath