Monday, October 17, 2011

My Roller Girl ...

Just a quick pic ... this weekend was full of 'Cheer' !!! Two hours of training on Saturday morning and then from 1 - 5 she had an event at our local roller rink, golly I had 80's flashbacks, I am sure they played the same music there that I had when I was at the rink in the 80's, some things never change right ?

When we got there I was sure that someone would break something that afternoon, so many of the girls had never skated before, including Jade, not since the really little ones she had as a toddler, anyway thankfully past all the gazillion 'ouch' falls which I could really not watch for 4 hours, she pushed through the what had to be pain and got quite good in the end :-) Now obviously she wants to go again and like tomorrow but we will see.

Thankfully no one got hurt, Jade had many bruises and could hardly walk the next day she was so stiff but that was about it.

Now how perfect was this outfit ... the shorts, bow and socks are part of her cheer workout gear but the shirt I bought on clearance golly maybe a year or two ago and it was such an odd shaped shirt she never wore it and just last week I cleaned out her closet and found this one and an identical pink one ... hope you can see it clearly enough with the roller skates on and all :-) She loved it !!!



The guy that runs WAA was trying to raise money for the less fortunate school we workout at or have our practices at so he spent the entire weekend on top of a local store which had a flat roof so I don't think it was too bad and he I am sure got spoilt rotten up there :-) But our cheerleaders were asked to come out on Sunday afternoon and line the streets to flag down cars to donate money, they were so cute :-) I am sure he didn't get near the target he set for himself but he still raised quite a bit and a bit is better than nothing for sure.

I really love all this cheerleading stuff, these girls are growing into one big happy family, so heart warming to see :-)

Saturday is our first competition and apparently competitions are an all day event so we will see ... nervous for Jade but praying she does well. I will let you know how it goes but hold thumbs for our little stunter :-)

No comments: