Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Birthday ... Oh Lord 50 here I come !!!

I had a great birthday weekend, Jade and I went out on the Saturday and had a girls day out at Concord Mills, lots of shopping, oh my golly I have created a monster, a monster with a new found opinion on fashion, all I can say is Dave you best start saving NOW !!! We did lunch and a movie too, we had a good time and got home late the afternoon but the weather was so good that the kids were all still playing outside so she had the best of both worlds, she got spoilt and still got to play outside with the kids.

Then Sunday morning we all got to sleep in a bit which was a nice treat, lucky for me, Amber slept late. Then Jade brought me breakfast in bed (hehehe) I think Dave got it easy, before he could do anything Jade had brought me a bowl of cereal and well that was breakfast !!! Then I got to open all my lovely cards and gifts, more Pandora charms, just what I wanted :-) I love my bracelet and now I have three to fill, Dave got lucky again or I did I guess, he bought on a weekend when then were running a promotion, spend said amount and get a bracelet free ... I am so excited.

Then I got showered and done and then it was time for some pics with the cake, these are not great pics, I was hot and bothered and rushed but anyway it's better than nothing and a rare occasion to have a family pic too :-) This was my cake which Jade helped me chose, I thought it was pretty, don't you think so ?



Here's that rare pic, only Amber was in no mood to smile and I think Jade wanted cake so bad she was done with smiling sooner than later as well.



One more of the girls and I.



Then the afternoon I was spoilt too, I arranged for my neighbor Colleen to come and watch the girls so Dave and I could go out for lunch and a movie, we had such a nice afternoon, thank you Colleen, that is always such a good treat. Then when we got back all the neighbors were outside, hanging out since it was such an amazing day so I spent the rest of the afternoon outside with them. I had a wonderful birthday weekend, I think one of my best.

Thank you all for all the card, phone calls, especially my brother that made the effort while vacationing in Malta :-) all the wonderful emails and facebook messages, a special thank you to Leanda and her family that spoilt me with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, golly now that was a treat, one I enjoyed for almost two weeks, thank you thank you thank you !!! And last but not least, thank you David, Jade and Amber for making my birthday so perfect.

THERE IS A LOT MORE TO GO, PICTURES MAINLY BUT FOR NOW I AM GOING TO TAKE A BREAK, I WILL SEE HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE LATER IN THE WEEK TO KEEP GOING ... REMEMBER TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING. I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A STUCK RECORD.

No comments: