Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Leanda's Visit !!!

Ok this is a story you will not almost believe but here goes. When I grew up in the Garfield Road house my very best friend in junior school was Leanda, she lived just up the road from my house and we were inseparable. Due to circumstances beyond our control when she was in standard 3 or so her parents moved and I lost track of here, being so young and all, what did I know right ?

Anyway over the years I tried to locate her online and even when I still lived in SA, I spoke to her once around my 21st birthday and then spoke to her brother one day in Tableview but that was it ... but somehow I never gave up on her, every now and again I would google her online or look for her on facebook but still nothing ever came up till last Summer when we were on vacation in Florida, I one day got a message from her on facebook, she has seen my name on a mutual friends page, oh my golly, I get goosebumps when I think it about it now.

As soon as I got back to North Carolina we called each other and oh golly I can't even tell you how long we spoke but the weirdest thing is that even though we were only close as little kids, it was like no time has passed and we were just as comfortable now as we were with each other back then, is that not just the weirdest and yet the most amazing this ever ? What was even more crazy is she was living in Toronto Canada and had moved there like 16 years ago ? So right then she said, I have to come see you, I don't know how but we will make this happen and you know what, she did !!!

So in February she came to visit and after 32 years we were together again, can you believe that the last time I saw her, she was Jades age, ok here's a crazy thing, not only has our life taken so many similar paths but she has a 7 year old daughter named Jadyn, how crazy is that ? She also has a son that is 11 named Ethan. She is married to a Canadian though so at least there is something different (hehehe).

I probably am rambling on here but gosh I just cannot tell you how amazing these few days were with her, she almost lost her voice we spoke so much, we didn't stop, we laughed so much and well even cried together, I am not sure I ever believed in having a soul mate but you know, I think she is it, this is what it is all about. I still cannot believe it all but I know something for sure, we will never lose touch again. In fact they are coming down in August to spend a week with us, hubby Elliot and the kids are all coming and I cannot wait to meet the rest of the family. Our kids are going to have a ball together, now our husbands well we had to laugh at that, but I think as long as Elliot brings his laptop, him and Dave can sit in the same room and play together (hehehe) these men will never understand what this is all about.

Thank you so very much Leanda for coming and stepping into my life again, oh my gosh, I am so very thankful for the time we spent together and well I am just grateful to have you in my life again, still all totally amazing.

Oh one more thing I forgot, she came with so many gifts but for me, she wasn't sure what to buy but she wanted to get me something that she and I could collect together so she surprised me with a Pandora Bracelet, not knowing I already collect Pandora, yet another weird moment, so anyway we did the juvenile thing and bought a charm which she has half and I have half and it says 'friends forever' (hehehe) I have to giggle coz it's so teenager like but you know seeing her made me feel like a kid again so it probably was the right thing to do :-) Thank you so much Leanda.

Anyway we spoke so much we never took pictures, she took a few on our last day but here is one we took on my cellphone one night when we were out together.



Sorry if I rambled on so much but this was just one of those moments in life that blows your mind.

DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL UP AND DOWN TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE MISSED !!!

No comments: