Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pool Deck Afternoon ... Oh and Humming Birds !!!

LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY BUT SCROLL UP AND DOWN HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT ALL DAY AND GOT A GOOD AMOUNT DONE I THINK ...

One afternoon on the deck, these are usually afternoons we don't go to the pool and Dave needs to BBQ so we hang out on the deck and splash in our little pool and play on the slide Nana gave us.


Last year it was so hard for Amber to do this slide on her own and I was having a nervous breakdown she would fall, this year it was a piece of cake but this year Jade had completely outgrown it but she still had fun on it all the same ... it's been great fun while it lasted.  What was more the splash pool was big enough for us big kids to cool off in too or actually it doubled up as a hot jacuzzi some nights (hehehe) !!!  Depending on how hot it was during the day of course.


Amber was not playing ball and looking at the camera here :-(


Completely natural smile, see how her face lights up ... LOVE IT !!!  Only on her recent first trip to the dentist we found out that she has an under bite :-( so at some point she is going to have to wear a device of sorts to fix that problem, it's either that or surgery late but either way dad best start saving coz we have been told that Jade will need braces one day too and golly second mortgage on our house here we come !!!


This is our new deck table, chairs and umbrella, the other one was fine and is now under the house gathering dust but this was such a great deal and the table is so cool with tiles on the top and we didn't have an umbrella, so we got this one.  I have also hung two bird feeders there which have been keeping us entertained all Summer, bloody squirrels though, man I used to love them, now they are just a pain in the ass eating all the bird seed all the time.


So nice when they play nicely, but so rare.


My blond peaches and cream girl.


They were laughing so much here ...



Amber wanted to swap roles after this and almost drowned herself trying, we laughed ourselves silly.


Making my brother and sister in law proud (hehehe) great shot right ... I have to tell you I took about a gazillion before getting these two.


But not too shabby right !!!


So it's August and the start of my favorite time of the year, the run up till Christmas :-)  Some dates on the run up ...

This week Jade starts cheer again, oh by the way she tried out for the next season of competition cheer and made the Shooting Stars Team again, a bigger and older team this time but she still made it.  She starts practice this week, 6 - 8 on Tuesdays so there goes Faith Formation :-( and 5 - 7 on Sundays which is way better than the Saturday mornings, at least we can now go away for weekends again if there is no competition or other mandatory thing happening !!!  They have a big pool party next Sunday to introduce the new girls to those left over from the old team.  Love these monthly team bonding things, so cool.

Then the 18th - 22nd Dave and I will be in San Diego and Colleen will have our girls, this will be the first time Amber is sleeping over at their house, she is so excited, I am nervous but I know it will all work out fine, or I hope so anyway !!!  I am excited to see my SA friend that we visited last time we were out there :-)  Dave will be there one day longer but I had to come home because this is the last week before school starts and the timing could not have been worse :-( but it was an opportunity I didn't want to pass up.  Anyway both girls have meet the teachers Thursday and Friday that week so I needed to get home and also try and get Jade into some sort of routine before Monday.  Cannot believe they are starting school on a Monday they never do that, that sucks.

Then no sooner is Dave back and he leave again that Sunday the 26th for another business trip, one again which couldn't have worse timing, it's in Orlando for one and we would have loved to have tagged along on this trip, the kids and I but guess that is why work planned it that way !!!  For two Monday school starts so I will be doing the 6am wake up calls by myself that week and oh golly that first Monday is going to be no fun, no fun at all trying to get Jade up.  Sad Dave will miss the first day of school, always so much excitement behind that.  Then that Wednesday Tim Stanton and David Rowley are coming past us for a night ... hope Dave gets home early but he has no clue at this stage :-( but it will be nice to see them anyway.

Then I cannot believe as hot as it is, that Sunday the 2nd our pool closes, although we have spent a good deal at the pool this Summer I don't feel it's been enough yet :-( gonna be a sad day for me.

Amber starts school the 5th of September, she will be doing Monday and Wednesday mornings like she did last year.  I have dropped my Thursday morning work so she and I will have some good bonding time Thursdays, I am looking forward to that.

Then Daves birthday :-)

Then that following week the 10th I start back to work full time again, oh boy ... 

Then Cheer Competitions start once or twice a month ...
The Cabarras County Fair
Then the Southern Womans Show
Going to see Anjelah Johnson in concert
Renaissance Festival
I have Colleens boys for week while they go away ...
Halloween
Anniversary Trip away for us TBA
Christmas Show
Jades Birthday
Breakfast with Santa
Lots of Christmas parties
Our Cookie Decorating Party
Christmas
New Year

Yay, Yay, Yay .... love this time of the year, it's crazy crazy busy but love love love this time of the year as most of you will know by now :-)

I have also signed up on our Social Committee in our neighborhood over the past 6 months and am loving it, have taken on organizing our local Girls Night Out which we had recently and it was a huge success and with many people being away can only imagine the next one will be even more busy !!!  We have so many great things planned for the rest of this year, A see you on the bus party for new Kindergartners in the neighborhood, a back to school breakfast for mommys on the first day of school, late night pool parties, movies at the pool, girls night out, a lawson talent show, Fall festival, Halloween parade, cookie swap at Christmas, a vendors fair, breakfast with Santa and more ... love all this stuff keeps me crazy busy but love it all and it makes our family life such fun here in this neighborhood :-)

Ok I have waffled on enough I think but you can tell if you don't hear from me till next year, you know why (hehehe) !!!

Love to all.

LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY BUT SCROLL UP AND DOWN HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT ALL DAY AND GOT A GOOD AMOUNT DONE I THINK ...

No comments: