Friday, February 12, 2010

Few Odd Pics ...

About two weeks ago now we had a dusting of snow which was great excitement for the kids, Jade spent the entire Saturday outside playing, only coming home for a change of clothing or gloves, thanks to Tonya I had some good snow clothing which she changed into later which allowed her to stay out longer ... and she would pop over to Colleen for hot chocolate every so often ... thanks Colleen.

Here she is on our back deck.



This is a picture from my front porch.



And this is Jade sledding down Colleens driveway.



School was actually cancelled on the Monday due to the snow which isn't great, it seemed great at the time but now this coming Monday is Presidents Day which would have been a day off school but now they have to make up the snow day so ... so much for a long weekend.

Apparently we are going to get some more snow this weekend so we will see :-) Dave missed the last snow coz of being in India so I am sure he is hoping for snow :-)

This is one of the two enclosures we have up for Amber, this is downstairs in our great room next to the breakfast area and kitchen ... as long as she can see me in the kitchen and can see the Wonder Pets or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse she is ok in there for a while, the other one is upstairs in our media room but when we are in there she has the run of the room so it's only if I need to run and do something quickly, it's a safe place for her to be.

As in this picture sometimes Jade has to be in there to keep her occupied for a few minutes when she gets ratty, but I think Jade enjoys playing with all her old toys even though she won't really admit it :-)



This was the first time Amber pulled up by herself and well Dave was in India so he missed it :-( but anyway I took a few pics but in this one it was like 'look mom no hands' or she was waving, what do you think ?



She actually did so much in the 10 days he was away it was amazing, she started crawling so much better and faster, she was pulling up on stuff, she said mama and baba and very much to Daves disgust no dada but I told him, he has to talk to her and tell her that ... no one else is going to do that (hehehe). Obviously mama as she says it now is just mama and maybe not me but at least in time she will learn it is me. She now also know the NO word which is very cute, at first I got a smile and a laugh every time I said it, now I get a pouty lip and she listens which is great, didn't think she would get that that quickly. So wow ... we are getting there, she was a slow starter but now is ahead of the race and might even beat her sister to walking which mommy is so not ready for ... gosh !!!

This picture is so cute, Dave arrived back in the evening so after his show he passed out on the sofa and the girls cuddled with him. This is priceless !!! He said he had a terrible time there and just couldn't tell me enough how much I would have died there and how glad I can be I didn't do this business trip. All I can say is thank God he is back safely and how much I hated single parenthood ... to be able to go to the bathroom and shower without everyone following me ... now that's priceless :-)



Ok I know this one is blur but it was just so cute, I was at the Lego Store in Concorde Mills and she was playing with all the large Lego blocks and pulled up here ... like such a big kid :-)



That's me for now, Happy Valentines Day everyone.

No comments: