Monday, November 24, 2008

House Update - November 22nd ... and some :-)

Well after two weeks of not being out to the house, we went out to see the progress this past weekend, it's difficult in the pictures to see much that is different from the last update but I will let you in on some things that have been done.



On the outside, not too much other than the lights have been done and the doors have been finished off. Everything has just been cleaned up some so it's starting to look better :-)



Well we finally have our mailbox, it will be the end of January before we will start getting mail there, that being said, I am sure the junk mail will get started soon since the box is there and all ... We actually got our closing date this past week and it was for the 23rd of December, can you believe that, anyway we weren't going to rush and attempt to be in the house before Christmas so we have pushed it out till the 23rd of January, we will have the apartment a further two weeks so will have lots of time to do things at our own pace which these days is slow ... more on that later :-)



Here you can see the deck is done, my gosh has Dave got a job and a half to stain all that, it's a huge deck but I think they did a great job and we are very happy with it :-)



My kitchen is coming together too, they did the tile backsplash which I think came out well, we plan on changing out the switch plates for stainless steel ones to pretty it up more once we move into the house. My appliances are all in too, so far so good, now we just need a fridge which Dave and I are now shopping for, I think we have found a good Black Friday deal, let's hold thumbs we can get it :-) For those that don't know, all houses come with all appliances except the fridge which is why we are shopping for that and it wasn't in the pictures. All taps throughout the house are in too.



All floor tiling in the laundry, mud room and all bathrooms are done, also the shower and bath tiling was done too, so far so good on that note too. Thank Heavens all our choices seem to flow well, when you make these choices at the design center you never know for sure but again thank Heavens so far, I am happy with everything we chose.

That's pretty much it on the house side of things ...

Then a few week back I told you about Jades school report, her very first 'big' school report well, I didn't think back then that I could just scan it and put it on here so here you go :-) Let's hope all through her schooling that I will be proud enough to want to publish her reports here :-)

Just an update, she is coming along well with her reading skills and totally loves it, she is excited to read us the different books she brings home every day, it's so cute to see. My gran would have been so proud of her with how excited and motivated she is when it comes to reading.

As for the writing she is equally excited to write and thoroughly enjoys writing little notes to me every afternoon, I want to say most of it I can read but we are getting there, the way they teach them to write her isn't the way I would teach her if I had the patience but then I don't want to mess with their techniques either, as long as at the end of the day she can read and write, I am happy. I am just happy right now that she loves school as much as she does :-)





Then the big news for most of you that don't know, is that finally in my old age, I am once again pregnant ... many of you have been my support structure the past 3 years that Dave and I have been trying to give Jade a baby brother or sister so many of you know all the losses we have experienced during our battle. It has truly been an emotional roller coaster ride but we are hoping and praying that this is the one.

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant, I recently went through a bunch of genetic testing and thank God the results were all good. I have to endure further genetic testing now in December so please, we would appreciate all your prayers in the hope that they all go well. Hopefully by the end of December we can all relax just a little knowing that this little peanut is growing the way he / she should be. At this point, my due date is May 29th 2009.

That seems so far off when you are feeling as sick as I am right now, I realize that being sick is a very good sign but ok ... I read the sign, now can I feel better ? Like with Jade I am experiencing all day sickness, thankfully recently the doctor gave me some nausea tablets which hopefully or eventually will help, they have taken the edge off I think ... but that's about it.

We told Jade a week ago, we didn't really want to break the news to her only to disappoint her again later but from all the doctors reports, they seem confident that things are going well so we wanted to let Jade in on our little secret, in doing so at least now she knows why mommy is not feeling so well all the time. I can tell you that if anyone gives me the TLC that I need it's her, she is too cute in taking her of me and if she is half as good a big sister as she is in playing nurse to me, we are in for a treat.



Anyway for 13 weeks, this scan is pretty clear right ? The scans I get at the genetic testing are way clearer than the ones I get at my obgyn's office ... so I am excited for the next scan with them which will be the 29th of December. I have a scan at my obgyns office on the 8th of December but it won't be as clear as the one on the 29th, I will try and publish that scan too ... in the meantime, please just keep us in your prayers that this pregnancy continues on as it should.

Jade is only in school two days this week, she has off on Wednesday for Thanksgiving break. We are excited that we will be going to our friends Ria and Andries for a good old Thanksgiving this year, if it is like it was, I think two years ago, there were a few other SA'n families there too and it was just a wonderful afternoon. Friday is Black Friday here, the biggest sale day of the year, Daves favorite day of the year too, it's like Christmas for him. Anyway there are a few things we need for the house so hopefully we can get some good deals that day, we are holding thumbs !!!

That's pretty much it ... I know I went to the Christmas Show yesterday but because I didn't take pictures I really didn't say much about it, but as usual I had a wonderful afternoon, it blows my mind every year !!!

So last but not least, to all my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving !!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

A huge congratulations and if you think about it you are nearly half way through already. I am so so excited and happy for you and when you have the new baby and the new house, I will have to find a way to visit and help out.

Take care
Jennifer & the girls