Monday, October 8, 2007

Renaissance Festival

Well it's been a busy week with lot's of happenings, one of the most exiting being the Renaissance Festival that we went to on Saturday. I had a show Friday night and Dave went for a cycle Saturday morning so we got a slow start but eventually got to the festival at sometime after 12 which was fine since we would be there till it closed around 6ish, it would be a long day, a long hot day, golly was it hot !!! I felt bad for those people dressed up in costume, they must have been cooking !!!

I took millions of pics as you can well imagine, there is so much to see but I am only posting a few before I bore you all half to death. Jade had her usual fun at the petting zoo feeding the animals but I think the highlight of her day was riding the elephant. She actually did this last year too but we didn't get photos so thankfully we got some pics this year. I was also relieved to hear the elephant was from Asia, coz imagine come all the way from Africa to the USA to ride an African elephant here (hehehe) !!!





It's weird but we have been to this festival a couple of times and this was the first year that I actually realized that the rides that Jade was going on were manual rides, there was people power running all the rides (hehehe) must have been a blond moment for me :-)



Jade had such a ball drawing on this ladies skirt, I almost couldn't pull her away from there :-)

There was so much to see, much of course that we had seen before but still we enjoy it so much every year, I think next year though, I will get a babysitter and Dave and I can go by ourselves, there is so much adult stuff going on that we miss out on having Jade with us, actually I see so much more because Dave takes Jade on the rides and I walk around a bit more, it would be nice just for him and I to do it by ourselves one year.



We bought Jade this little bird whistle, it was quiet expensive but is well made and sounds amazing, I will have to video her so you can hear it, it really sounds like birds, now that I am thinking about it, we should have bought Sion one (hehehe) he might have appreciated that :-) Anyway everyone was enjoying the whistle but I think it's just a matter of time before we are tired of it, it has a great sound but too much is too much right ?



Then they had the usual jousting event which we all enjoy, I went and got us all lunch so we could eat while watching which worked out well, Dave had his usual huge turkey drumstick, Jade had chicken tenderloins and I had sausage on a stick which I hadn't had before but it was really yummy. I had the most amazing Italian Ice, a mango flavor, now that was the yummiest !!! I also did a video or two that I am going to post here but they aren't great since it's a new camera and I am still learning how this one works ... you will see what I mean :-)





Something that was new last year which still blew my mind this year, I must do one of these one day ... it's the hand wax moulds, they come out so cool, I think when Jade is a bit older we may try one with her :-)





This was another show which I watched, it was pretty cool but you can't get the complete effect, this guy was obviously up the ladder but he had fireworks strapped to his body which he eventually lit and then all the kids around the stage had water balloons that they had to throw at him since his chest would have been really hot from the fireworks, I am glad Jade didn't see this one. He also juggled using chain saws, scary !!! I also went to watch the hypnotist show but it wasn't as good as last years show.

Here are just some general pics :-) I could have pasted a lot as I said but Dave always tells me I am boring everyone and since no one seems to sign my guestbook anymore I am wondering if he isn't right !!!




Sunday was a pretty relaxing day, my neighbor had her daughter and son in law visit with their two kids and they play so well with Jade so pretty much most of yesterday afternoon we sat outside and chatted with them and let the kids play. Oh one funny thing happened, TD was up here chatting with us when all of a sudden he saw this big shaggy bunny run by and between him and Dave and Jade in toe of course, they chased it down and caught it. Obviously Jade wanted to keep it but there is no chance of that ... so TD has it now, so I am sure Jade will be visiting down there quite a bit :-)

That's me for this time, hopefully I will update again soon :-)

Oh golly I couldn't get the two video's loaded, I will try again later this afternoon when I have more time :-) In the meantime you can enjoy the pics :-) I hope.

Ok hopefully this one works ... I am still working on the other one.



Ok here's the other one ...

No comments: